Coopers Community

Racking to a secondary fermenter

PaddyBrew2

I have 180gms of commando hops in my coopers FV. Normally I cold crash and let the debris settle but even if it settles , debris will still make it into the bottles such is the height of the trub.

i have a second FV. Was thinking I can attach some silicon hose to the coopers tap and syphon into the second FV. I will attach a strainer bag so that any debris is caught

good idea or bad idea? 

What size of silicon hose will attach to a coopers tap ( I work in an office so handy stuff don’t come natural to me . I once thought Manual Labour was a Spanish Formula 1 driver )

Cheers gents. I haven’t bulked primed before and given the cost of the brew , I don’t want to muck it up by doing something I haven’t trialled before. 

Whats the normal priming rate per litre given I use two Coopers drops per 740ml bottle 

In the instance you describe yeah i wouldnt bother but i would bulk prime as kelsey says to ensure hope debris are limited. I do sometimes use a secondary but only when i want to lager something and even then i try to do it in a keg rather than a vessel.

When i do it i use silicone hose from the LHBS. Fits right on the tap easily.

45 minutes ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

Cheers gents. I haven’t bulked primed before and given the cost of the brew , I don’t want to muck it up by doing something I haven’t trialled before. 

Whats the normal priming rate per litre given I use two Coopers drops per 740ml bottle 

I used to use about 7g dextrose per litre, but it depends on your tastes as well. 

Archived