Coopers Community

Temp control....gizmos and gadgets.

MitchBastard

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can speak to having one brew fridge that fits two FVs in it. 

I have a Coopers FV that sits on the bottom shelf, and a blue cube from Bunnings that sits above it. I have the Inkbird attached to the Coopers FV, and a simple temperature probe from Ebay on the blue cube. During early stages of fermentation, the CFV will be ~2 degrees lower than the Blue cube above. After the first week, the temperatures pretty much level out at what is set on the Inkbird. As such I usually set the Inkbird to 19C for week one, and then 20C for week 2. Has worked well to date!

Hey Silmaril,

That’s both so simple and smart. I’m using my digital probe monitor tucked into the same spot as where the inkbird probe is fixed for a double recky. So I was sort of half way to your method. Does that mean you brew in a cube? Or do you have something else going on in the cube? Are there any issues with the 2 vessels being 2 degrees different? Have you got a photo to share?

Finally got my set up done the other week, need some cable management big time...

On 2/22/2019 at 5:02 PM, John304 said:

Hi BrewBilly, I think most of the controllers work much the same, if doing an ale set the controller to 18deg, as OVB says, you won't need a heater in QLD, set the variance to 0.3, in other words the controller will turn the fridge on when the temp. hits 18.3. If the temp goes below 18 you may see the heater light come on, just ignore it, tape the probe to the FV under a piece of foam or as I do a cut down stubbie cooler, set your fridge temp too max, good to go

John

Just checking what the variance is about? Assume it’s so the power doesn’t kick in at the slightest change of temp? How do others use this and more importantly how do you set it. Instructions are useless! Thanks in advance! Wazz

Dont worry to much about the variance. I think default is 0.5 and minimum setting is 0.3. If you know how to set the temperature ie press and hold the set button, then press the set button once and it will ask for high variance. Second tap on the set button will ask for low variance, set both the press and hold set button again.

Archived