Coopers Community

Bintang pilsner

Someguy

I used to really love Bintang, but since learning more about beer it's actually a pretty crappy drop.. little head retention, slightly bland, bitter taste, usual 'dishwater' finish. Almost as bad as a CUB flagship beer

rant over

lol

It's funny how tastes change when you start trying different beers. Most of those types of beers are the same though. Watery, thin, no flavour, no head. I used to think they were great too, but these days I can barely stand the sight of them. I will very very occasionally have a XXXX Bitter when I just feel like downing something cold, but otherwise I go for pale or amber ales mainly, or English bitters.

I used to really love Bintang' date=' but since learning more about beer it's actually a pretty crappy drop.. little head retention, slightly bland, bitter taste, usual 'dishwater' finish. Almost as bad as a CUB flagship beer

rant over[/quote']

I don't mind drinking it in Bali, on account of it's a fairly easy beer to drink in hot weather, but I can only drink it for so long before it just doesn't sit right any more. I remember the last time I went over there, about half way through the trip, I would've given anything just to drink a pale ale instead, just to break it up a bit.

That being said, for about $1.50-$2/bottle, it's hard to expect and/or complain too much.

I've often thought that if someone were to open a craft brewery in Bali, and make it a semi-classy venue, overlooking the ocean, it would make an absolute killing with the tourists.

Archived