Coopers Community

Boags Draught

BassBeer

Oh deer mercy how bad of an experience I had over the weekend! was at the local with some mates. decided to try every beer on tap (quite a nice line up)

Saw someone on here liking boags and wanting to replicate, So I thought why not try some!

THE worst beer ive ever had! It lost its carbonation quickly and tasted like sea water!

Im unsure if the kegs were low and got a bad pour but I couldnt believe the taste, handed the schooner around and everyone literally spat it out and asked me why I had beer coloured sea water with me

Yeah went back up and said it was wrong in my opinion and he just stated that he didnt like beer and wouldnt sample it, so i shrugged it off. Im a fan of nearly every beer ive had and have no distinct hates to any beer, throw me a bottle and ill put it down without a complaint but this just shook me to the core on what id be thinking a Draught beer is?

Well you found one you don't like, keep searching in the interest of research of course and you might find others, but just think how many good ones you may find along the way. wink

Or make it at home. whistling

Drink good beer, enjoy the fruit's of your labour. (SJ Porr) wink

Cheers.

There are some threads about Boag's Draught and Boag's Premium Lager; different beers.

Boags Draught isn't the greatest beer but it isn't as bad as you described. You must have got a bad one.

A long time ago, Boags Premium was a decent beer but over the last few years I have found that it tastes like a 'dirty' lager. Almost like they used pristine Tasmanian water but scraped the bed of the lake/stream at the same time sad

The way this tasted Id be 100% thinking I got a bad batch haha

Yeah i totally agree with the more beer I discover and try the more ill learn my taste preferences, espcially now that Im thinking more about the beer that I drink (colour, bubbles, taste etc) rather than before as a cheap source of party drink

Oh so draught really isnt a difference beer all together? then Id really be thinking it was a bad bad pour, wish I could have grabbed more and packed into samples to send off to you guys to try!

Yeah, draught refers to the method of serving beer, not the style of beer. Breweries started packaging beer as "draught" years ago, giving the impression that it was different from their standard bottled beer, and that people could drink the same beer at home as at the pub. In actual fact, it wasn't different. The standard bottled beer was what was on tap at the pub, and was just renamed draught on some bottles to make people think they were getting the pub beer. Which of course, they were, regardless of whether it was labelled draught or not. It's confusing I know. lol

But the point being, draught simply means beer served from a keg. cool

Archived