Coopers Community

Coopers Premium Lager in 30 pack?

THIRSTY MATT

• 3 weeks later...

Ive been having a bit of a think about this...... Maybe it is because Dr Tim is an actual Human Doctor and doesnt want to encourage excessive drinking????

Maybe Mild Ale or Coopers Light in cans Dr Tim???

I want a low carb beer with a lower alcohol volume that doesnt taste like metallic water.

If my memory is right PB2 once said that canning beer is cheaper than bottling this could help with last years packaging costs!

(Not that Dr Tim will read this..... But I had to get it out there!)

Cheers

Matt

The Dr Tim's outer carton carries a blurb, which (from memory) goes something like:

"In light of current medical advice, more than two drinks a day should not be contemplated" or words to that effect - Lusty may like to double check next time he's at work.sideways

Coincidentally, my beers of choice to take out on the GC are Coopers Light and Mild Ale in cans. kissing

Last time I bought a carton of each from a bottlo, I carried them (one on top of the other) then placed them on the counter as a stack of two. The bloke scanned one and not the other (we were also buying some wine) and I asked him if the top carton was free? He said, "I thought it must be a promotion Coopers are doing??"

So, there ya go, If I wasn't such an honest bloke (much to the financial controller's annoyance) I could have been the first to buy the new promotional Coopers mixed 48 can pack, for the price of a carton of light cans. w00t

But back to your OP Matt, packaging our cans into 30 packs would present all sorts of logistical issues and I can't see it happening in the near future. BTW, cans are cheaper in many respects but they are slower through the filling line, maxing out at about 800 cans per minute while bottles can run at 1200 bottles per minute biggrin

Archived