Coopers Community

Grain & Hop Marinade

Guzz

I just love the smell of steeping grains and of the hop boil, fills the house for hours and its a smell I just love and look forward to.

Today when doing a boil, I thought to myself, you could marinade a chunk of meat in this…..hmmm

Im serious, at the end of the boil, I was tempted to drop in some Scotch Fillet, soak it overnight, cook it up tomorrow over a smoky fire spit.

Recipe

2 kgs Scotch Fillet (Added at the end of the boil)

500 gms Crystal Malt

500 gms LDM

1 TBSP of Cracked Pepper

2 TBSP of Oregano

30 gms Galaxy @ 10 mins

Very slowly roasted over a smoky fire/coals.

Might have to up the boil time to counteract the sweetness devil

No, Im not drunk. w00t

Cheers

Guzz

OK Guzz. I also just love the aroma of steeping and mashing the grain, and smelling the hops as soon as I open the sealed packet. I agree it is one of life's pleasures that many (or most) people will never experience.

But hang on now, Big Fella. Either you run a cattle property or you are earning waaaayyyyy too much money, because 2 kg of scotch or rib fillet is bloody exensive where I am!! Perhaps a smaller experiment might be a good start joyful.

However, it could well be worth a try, and I reckon I could also use some of the left over marinade to make a gravy to go with it. I've never actually measured the pH of the wort, but I think the grains should make it close to 5.something (being slightly acidic). This will tenderise the meat nicely so maybe a cheaper cut and slowly cooking it (almost like a casserole etc) would be in order? Perhaps blade or chuck maybe? Or even better, I make some nice beef and burgundy home made pies using blade - how about beef and beer pies?

I'd hate to think the acid would kill a lovely piece of fillet. I'd cry for days if that happened.

You, Mr Guzz, yes YOU, are a cold-hearted brute! I'm going to ring my Vegan Association right now. OMG, what am I saying? See, you've got me absolutely apoplectic now.

King Island Scotch Fillet? It may not be too late for your soul if you ring the Australian Meat Marketing Council's Help Hotline immediatedly. If not, I fear you'll be barbequeing in hell for ever (as one of the main courses). But make sure you report back the results on the hotline.

Remember man that you are dust, and unto dust you shall return,

Phil

Au nom du pere, et du fils, et du saint esprit, ansi soi til. Amen.

I've been caught "abusing the meat" before, but never in such a public arena!

I don't believe in hell anyways.

Why did GOD have to make me an athiest!?!

Guzz devil

Archived