Coopers Community

10 Gallon Brewery

Hey Gang,

I've just spend the weekend building a 10 gallon (42 L) brewery. I recently acquired two 10 gallon kegs that I converted into a keggle and Hot Liquor Tun (HLT). This means I cut the tops off and attached a 1/2" ball valve to each. My MLT will remain my picnic cooler for the time being. I did a trial run on boil times and evaporation rates today to take some of the guess work out of my first 10 gallon brewday. I plan to add a pump , heat exchanger and a temperature controller for a HERMS set-up in the near future. Working for a heating and cooling company these days is a wealth of supplies for building a home brewery!cool Temp controllers, pumps and fittings are all very commonplace at work and are very useful to a home brewer looking to develop their brewery into a sophisticated , scaled down version of the real thing.

I'm very excited for next weekend so I can have a go at my 1st 10 gallond brew day

Hi Skookum.

I've just spend the weekend building a 10 gallon (42 L) brewery.

So does this mean that the offical status of the Log Cabin Brewery has been upgraded to...

..."Mini Micro Brewery"? Hehe! biggrin

Good stuff Chad' date=' I too am envious! (like I think Sir Les was inferring) [img']cool[/img]

Anthony.

Archived