Coopers Community

vintage ale - 2nd edition

Lynda

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a few second vintage bottles here (a six pack) but most are buggered because they fizzed up and leaked out of the bottles. I'm a bit annoyed about it, because they were perfectly good, and then one day for no reason other than it was a scorcher of a day outside - they pissed all over my cupboard!

yes and no..

but I wouldn't think it'd matter really - if they're designed to be airtight, then they should be airtight, stored up, down, left, right, or in space (well perhaps not in space where there's a massive vacuum doing its darndest to rip the lid off with the air and liquid inside just busting a gut to get out).

• 1 month later...
I've got a few second vintage bottles here (a six pack) but most are buggered because they fizzed up and leaked out of the bottles. I'm a bit annoyed about it' date=' because they were perfectly good, and then one day for no reason other than it was a scorcher of a day outside - they pissed all over my cupboard![/quote']

Mmmm - what a waste of pure liquid gold :D

The solution I have found up here in Brisbane where it is always bloody warm and humid is to drink a few, then store the rest in a cupboard that I have lined and transfored into a cellar - worked well in the arid areas of SA to save my beers from the scorching heat and works just as well up here!

I still have vintage 2 (just over a cartoon left) with the od one or two coming out here and there and they are perfect, nectar of the gods and most of all not heat or transport effected :D

• 1 month later...

Been drinking Vintage 2 for the last two years (bought 8 cartons of the stuff!) and geez it grows on you. Makes 'normal' beer quite pale in comparison!

But Im just about out of it now. Maybe I'll have to make a home brew that is designed to age and scoff that instead... like Oliver and Geoff's Millenium Ale (designed to be drunk over the next 100 years - they think big)

http://www.homebrewandbeer.com/millenniumale.html

Archived