Coopers Community

Blue tongue brewery closure

antiphile

• 2 weeks later...
I won't pass comment on this story other than to say the ACCC has found it interesting.

The Mrs and I first visited the original Blue Tongue brewery in the Hunter Valley on our honeymoon.

At the time (2007) the Warnervale site was still a work in progress.

I remember my now late father in law's elation that a brewery would be built and help provide work for people on the Central Coast; well known for being a place where a good job let alone a career can be hard to come by.

I had no idea that Blue Tongue had been closed down; they clearly did it on the sly, and presumably if they're still making it (it's a quite drinkable beer), they're just making it in whatever factory (I can't bring myself to call it a brewery if they're making megaswill), that their other products are made in.

The present Commonwealth Government has a lot to answer for; they may not directly have caused this, but Holden, SPC, and Blue Tongue closing down - it makes one wonder.

The present Commonwealth Government has a lot to answer for; they may not directly have caused this' date=' but Holden, SPC, and Blue Tongue closing down - it makes one wonder.[/quote']

That's a bit rich Beeblebrox.

Anyway this is home brew forum, and I won't discuss Politics, Religion or Airlocks here.

I knew there was a reason I wasn't participating in the forum discussions anymore, thanks for reminding me why.

I respect your choice to be non political on the forum Scottie, but hope you believe in something and support that outside this site; if you don't believe in something you can be fooled by anyone.

• 10 months later...

We were married at the hunter resort (same site as the original brewery) in 2006 and remember this little place in it's infancy very fondly. Very sad to read this story when it happened. Nothing better than hearing success stories where small start-ups blossom and grow into something impressive; certainly hope that it's demise wasn't as it seems.

No matter the motivations or reasons behind it; political or otherwise; the brewing world is undoubtedly worse off without Blue tongue.

Archived