Coopers Community

Saison recipe

GlennB8

Hi guys I'm kinda new to brewing. I've ordered a Saison kit but I'm not sure about the yeast. It came with a Belle Saison yeast packet, but do I add the yeast sachets from the APA and Wheat beer brew mix cans as well?

Cheers,

Glenn

Hi GlennB8,

Welcome to brewing and the Coopers Forum!

You don't need to add the APA or Wheat kit yeasts. Coopers recipes in the How to Brew section usually specify exactly what is needed, in this case the APA and Wheat beer kit yeasts are not mentioned.

I myself will be putting this brew on in a couple of weeks. I'm excited! [love]

Now, you should mark the kit yeast packages gently with a marker as to the origin of the kit and put them in the fridge. You can use them later for when you start customising your own recipes.

Here is a link about the different kinds of yeasts the Coopers kit provide: Coopers Yeasts

Cheers,

Adz

I have two All grain saisons going in the fridge at the moment with belle saison and I think it's safe to say that there is no extra yeast required. I pitched one pack rehydrated in each and they are both going great guns, you can hear it fizzing! I'm not sure why dansar always recommend pitching at 1g/L, its just not needed.

I think i will reuse this yeast and try the coopers saison on the weekend [biggrin]

Hi PaddyB.

Does your LHBS carry any liquid yeasts?

If so, ask them if they have Wyeast's 3711 (French Saison), or White Labs WLP585 (Belgian Saison III) yeast. These yeasts are a little more expensive to buy, but will produce a great result in the Saison style.

No apparently there has been "huge" demand for the Saison!!!!

PB2 has created a nation-wide shortage with his Saison recipe post! [lol]

Good luck with your future brewing.

Anthony.

Archived