Coopers Community

Paulaner Wheat Beer Clone

Bassman

Hi Bassman.

I personally haven't. But if I was going to clone a wheat based beer using a kit base, this is definitely the kit tin I would build my base upon.

If you have a recipe you have viewed that you would like some ideas on converting to a kit based recipe, please just list it here for our forum members to view.

There are some very clever minds, & experienced brewers here on the Coopers forum that can certainly help you reproduce something close I'm sure.

Cheers,

Anthony.

Hi Bassman,

I've made a dunkelweizen which is a dark version of a wheat beer. http://www.coopers.com.au/the-brewers-guild/talk-brewing?g=posts&t=5229

The only difference between that and normal wheat was steeping some darker grains.

I reckon if you follow the Hefeweizen recipe: http://www.coopers.com.au/the-brewers-guild/how-to-brew/ale/hefeweizen

You'll end up with something similar. Similar being the keyword.

You can either substitute the wb06 yeast for wyeast 3068 which may be better, and you can lower the FV volume to 20L to make it stronger.

Also, the flavour/aroma in this style is all about the yeast, so if you like more banana/clover esters, go for 22C or above. Otherwise lower for a more clean ferment.

Adz

I have used the Coopers Wheat beer kit and it makes a nice beer. I have never built it up to 6.5% though.

Wheat beers are simple with the kit. Just add some wheat malt and a good wheat yeast and away you go.

If building up the kit to 6.5% then you may want to add some more bittering hops as it may be a bit sweet with only the kit bitterness. You may also want to use some dex to thin it a little.

And use a good Bavarian wheat yeast like Wyeast 3068. I have heard good reports about the Mangrove Jacks Bavarian Wheat Yeast if you go the dry yeast option.

Archived