Coopers Community

Nedg has bit the bullet.

ok Coopers has convinced me to go out and buy APA and brew enhancer2....this is a major outlay for me lol. my swmbo almost collapsed from shock lol

any of you guys got any other ideas for me.......keeping in mind i make beer to be drunk:)

also keeping in mind im a dedicated K&K brewer these past 8 years(real ale and refined sugar any temp in shed in opal mines? lol seems bizzare to all of a sudden get fussy

cheers, Nedg

1kg of BE1 will be much less alcoholic than 1kg of sugar. You may need to top up your brew will some sugar/dextrose.

Or just chase your beers with some vodka.

The APA and BE2 is a step in the right direction though [wink]

1kg of BE1 will be much less alcoholic than 1kg of sugar. You may need to top up your brew will some sugar/dextrose.

Or just chase your beers with some vodka.

The APA and BE2 is a step in the right direction though [wink]

ive always made my brews with half the amount of sugar.....but ive decided to get "lairy" and try something new lol......mind you full strength AND vodka chasers might just be the trick...swmbo is NOT happy with your advice hairy lol

Now that you are adventurous you should check out the mid-strengths in the recipe database:

Mid-Strength Recipe Database

And you have to try the bitter:

1.7kg English Bitter kit

500g Light Dry Malt

Simple and full of flavour.i definitley will hairy they look interesting. the lawnmower ale looks a goodun for me too.lol next one is the APA......looking forward to trying that one

would the english bitter be similar to the old resch's beer??

No idea mate. The only Reschs I have tried is the silver bullet (Pilsener??).

i used to drink it on tap years ago.....it was always abit more bitter than the tooheys draught etc......yes ill try all these.....

Do you mean the Reschs Real? I've tried that before ([sick] ). I think that was a lager, or was supposed to be a lager [biggrin]

The EB kit is nothing like that. The EB is really just a pale ale that can vary in colour. The Coopers EB kit is a dark ruby red colour.

The English pales tend to have a bit of a carmelly flavour as well as some fruity esters from the English ale yeast.

Even if you haven't tried these type of beers before you should give it a go. I have given the EBs to people who say they don't like that style of beer and they loved them.

Do you mean the Reschs Real? I've tried that before ([sick] ). I think that was a lager' date=' or was supposed to be a lager [biggrin']

The EB kit is nothing like that. The EB is really just a pale ale that can vary in colour. The Coopers EB kit is a dark ruby red colour.

The English pales tend to have a bit of a carmelly flavour as well as some fruity esters from the English ale yeast.

Even if you haven't tried these type of beers before you should give it a go. I have given the EBs to people who say they don't like that style of beer and they loved them.

ok hairy you got a deal..after my next APA ill give both the EB a go and the lawnmower beer also. no the resches' i was talking about was from years ago..it was the main pub draught beer for the old tooths brewery.....reschs' and tooheys new were the big guns back then plus they both made an old beer.....the were ok too

they were dark beers tooheys being the darkest

see how old i am lol

Hey Nedg,

I have been drinking Reschs on tap at pubs for the last 24 years, it is a darker colour than other commonly found draught beers, I don't rememberit ever changing though.

do they still have resch's on tap? i rarely drink in pubs or clubs but i used to love my resch,s schooners.....my son in law works at local club i must ask him

Yep, Resch's is still around.

That and Toohey's Old are the only megaswill's I can drink if there is no craft beer available.

I used to like reschs' in the day....we would all be arrested way back then...i remember the big deal when they decided to legalise homebrew shops in sydney.......seems ridiculous now but thats how it was

i did have a bottle of reschs' pilsener not long ago and it was ok...i was in one of my "relive the good old days modes". cheers mate thankyou for that

Now that you are adventurous you should check out the mid-strengths in the recipe database:

1.7kg English Bitter kit

500g Light Dry Malt

Simple and full of flavour.

very late reply hairy but ill be trying that one too....the least i can do seeing i lived in penrith years back[biggrin]

1.7kg English Bitter kit

500g Light Dry Malt

very late reply hairy but ill be trying that one too....the least i can do seeing i lived in penrith years back[biggrin]

How long ago? We could have been at the same pub; you drinking Reschs and me drinking Tooheys Old.

Tooheys gets bagged out a lot but I think Tooheys Old is a great beer [love]

1.7kg English Bitter kit

500g Light Dry Malt

How long ago? We could have been at the same pub; you drinking Reschs and me drinking Tooheys Old.

Tooheys gets bagged out a lot but I think Tooheys Old is a great beer [love]

i used to drink tooheys old and schooners of 50 half draught half old......i lived at werrington downs around 1980 when it was first built out...i was a sub manager at blacktown workers for a year...i left there about 1983 and went back to bankstown area then ran a pub up in Branxton for a short spell and it all just goes on and on lol

I grew up in the Blacktown area and went to school there; I moved out Penrith way much later after moving around a bit and trying some other places. I don't think you would have seen me at Blacktown Workers though, I was a touch under age between 1982 and 1983 [biggrin]

I grew up in the Blacktown area and went to school there; I moved out Penrith way much later after moving around a bit and trying some other places. I don't think you would have seen me at Blacktown Workers though' date=' I was a touch under age between 1982 and 1983 [biggrin']

i know blacktown area reasonably fair...not so much street names but i know where im going.....i had an uncle was a bouncer at the old stockade hotel many years ago. when i was about 17 i used to stop at the red cow hotel on the way to the drags at castlereagh to pick up a carton of tooheys stubbies..probably all of 5.oo lol O.M.G im sounding like my dad...always said i wouldnt be like that lol

OK nedickles.. cant remember where we were talking bout this combo I was gunna send you.. here is as good a spot as any..

Packaged a combined Crystal and carapils baggie for you, this is a bit more that I would usually do as an a addition, anyway, follow the email and it'll work out bonza [cool]

also packaged is 15g Galaxy and 15g Amarillo for a dry hop on day 5

Mate.. enjoy [ninja]

OK nedickles.. cant remember where we were talking bout this combo I was gunna send you.. here is as good a spot as any..

Packaged a combined Crystal and carapils baggie for you, this is a bit more that I would usually do as an a addition, anyway, follow the email and it'll work out bonza [cool]

also packaged is 15g Galaxy and 15g Amarillo for a dry hop on day 5

Mate.. enjoy [ninja]

awesome yob !!!!! im off to hospital tomorrow but im sure ill be back home tomorrow also...ill email you tomorrow nite and let you know wat is going on...from all reports i got so far it will be a few weeks before the crap starts....im looking forward to my package ......i very much appreciate it.....im sitting here drinking my first ever homebrew not made with woolies sugar...and its just plain dextrose...i cant beleive its the same beer......the skys the limit BUT im not gunna have a kitchen table like yours.....(oh sure i says ) lol...thanx mate i appreciate it

All the best with the docs Ned.

Take care.

all good phil...from reports so far its not spread...few hundred tests tomorrow i suspect and get the plan and see how the plan of attack is gunna pan out...thnx for the wishes mate.

Archived