Coopers Community

Pumpkin Ale

RonL2

Hi everyone,

I am intersted in making a pumpkin ale utilizing the Cooper's DIY Kit. Anyone have idea of how to use pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg effectively to create a noticeable flavor? I am new to brewing so my knowledge level is pretty low.

I also would like to know the best way to add hops to my batch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Try a Google search or a specific search on "Home Brew Talk", a US based brewing forum. They love their Pumpkin Ales in the US so you should find something.

You will have to convert their recipes to metric because they are yet to see the light with regard to measurement.

• 1 month later...

Adam, Gage Roads have one out at the moment at Woolworths Liquor. It is OK, nothing sensational but drinkable.

I have also currently seen an American brewery pumpkin ale at Dan Murphys. I haven't tried this one yet.

Last year I had a pumpkin ale on tap from Illawarra Brewery at Wollongong (formerly Five Islands Brewery, I think). It was sensational [love] and I then added pumpkin ale on my to brew list. I haven't got to it yet though [bandit]

Try a Google search or a specific search on "Home Brew Talk", a US based brewing forum. They love their Pumpkin Ales in the US so you should find something.

You will have to convert their recipes to metric because they are yet to see the light with regard to measurement.

[lol]

It looks like Craig on Craigtube has seen the light though! [lol]

Dogfish Head make a pumpkin ale - with canned pumpkin - as I saw in the doco series, called Punkin Ale. But it seems fairly popular and I haven't seen any of their beers anywhere here, even at Purvis.

I bought the American pumpkin ale fron Dan Murphys tonight. It's in the fridge and I will report back tomorrow night.

It is called Saranac Pumpkin Ale by Matt Brewing Co in Utica NY.

I tried this one tonight. Very disappointing [crying]

I think the pumpkin must have been confiscated at Customs because I couldn't really taste it.

Archived