Coopers Community

hahn harvest

Nick

i'm a dead set newby to this, but loving the success i've had so far. i've made lager and aussie pale ale and i've just bottled a kilkenny type of brew. i really like hahn harvest and would like some ideas on how i can achieve something similar. please keep it relatively simple[biggrin]

I tried one of these when they were first released and found it a little bland and it wasn't very enjoyable.

Sorry I can't help you with this one. No offence, I just can't really remember it.

dont be sorry' date=' every forums gotta have one[/quote']

We actually have several [wink]

With reviews like THIS what else do you expect from me?

If it aint Hop forward I aint gunna be a fan. (Lion N products are not allowed in my House in general)

Id like to know where they are sourcing the small amount of hops that are going in it as it aint really "Harvest" Season here in Australia. It IS harvest season in the states but I would suggest that they arent sending "fresh flowers" to Australia to make this brew.

When I think of Harvest Beer, its hops from the bine to the Kettle.

Everyone's tastes are different and what I expect from a Harvest Beer is predictably not the same as someone else.

Yob

WOW, thanks for that i think? alls i really want is an idea of how to home brew something similar. not really my cuppa either, but the minister for war and peace likes it. she cleans and steralises my bottles, so its a small price to pay[lol]

WOW' date=' thanks for that i think? alls i really want is an idea of how to home brew something similar. not really my cuppa either, but the minister for war and peace likes it. she cleans and steralises my bottles, so its a small price to pay[lol']

I'm trying to come up with an ale SWMBO will drink (she prefers lager but will drink JS 150 lashes Pale Ale).

So thinking along the lines of 5% light crystal, 5% Wheat. And late boil additions of Nelson Sauigvn, Amarillo and Cascade, probably aiming for 20 IBU.

thanks for all of the advice, when i have more experience i will experiment with various recipes etc. i must say that reading thru the forums is fascinating, i thought i was a beer fanatic, but you blokes obviously live and breath the stuff[lol] with regards to paying for her to clean my botts, she gets enough from me anyway, so that wont be happening and besides wheres the challenge there? i was just hoping for an easy recipe that might give me a similar style, maybe a coopers draught can with a dark malt or something. we all have to start somewhere. looking forward to your suggestions

I tried to Google Hahn Harvest recipes but found nothing. I guess no one has had any interest in cloning this beer.

You don't have to make clone though; any low bitter lightly hopped ale should do the job.

Try:

Coopers Pale Ale kit

750g light dry malt

250g dextrose

US-05 yeast at 18 degrees

Then dry hop with a nice citrusy or floral hop. You can try citra, Amarillo, galaxy, centennial. Whatever you want. Should be a nice light easy drinking beer for her.

Then as you progress through your brewing you can try hop boils and adding specialty grain. Some Caramalt would go nicely.

The dark malt you mentioned will be way too dark for the type of beer you are after.

cheers Hairy, i will give it a go and let you know if it turns out close or not. i am not a real fussy sort of bloke and Nards will drink anything, so as long as it tastes ok and does the job i am happy. do you think the yesat supplied with the pale ale will work? or should i hit the LHBS for the us-05?

Archived