Coopers Community

Celebration ale recipe????

• 1 month later...

While I liked the 150 C.A. I found the yeast to be to prominent. I have placed a few more in the fridge and have let them settle a bit longer. I'm looking for more malt and hop driven flavour. But still good.

Will make this at home!

People tell me I have enough beer, I say that's wrong as I still have room for more lol[ninja]

Trent,my darling is not seeing you on the side is she,because she keeps telling me i have enough beer.[bandit]

Haven't seen this beer for sale in New Zealand yet so I'm just going to brew it then compare it once I can hunt it down. Bought all the ingredients last weekend and will have a crack at reusing the yeast from a six pack of Sparkling Ale. Quite a hefty amount of hops for a dry hop, should be mean! [biggrin]

STEP 2: Brew

Try to ferment the brew at 18\xb0C-21\xb0C, if possible.

After a few days of fermentation, add the 2 varieties of hop pellets either directly to the brew or in a sanitised cloth mesh bag (we recommend wrapping them in a mesh cleaning cloth, pulled straight from the wrapper).

Fermentation has finished once the specific gravity is stable over 2 days.

However when I do it I will put the hops to the boil for 3 - 5 minutes.

Woo Hoo ... got my kit in the mail today [biggrin]

Wont be able to make it for a couple of weeks though as I have 2 lager brews to go in the FVs tomorrow [annoyed]

As I only have 2 FVs and 1 fermenting fridge I have to do two of the same (lager or ale) at any time..... aahhh the problems a home brewer faces!!! [innocent]

• 3 weeks later...

Put this brew into the fermenter on Saturday afternoon as per the instructions in the How to Brew section. First time using the recultured Coopers yeast from two 750 ml pale ales and it's bubbling along nicely at around 21 degrees.

In a few days I'll add the dry hops. Planning on using 20 grams of Nelson Sauvin and 30 grams of Centennial.

It smells great so far, and I think the commercial Coopers yeast should make it well tasty!

Put mine down on Saturday also as per recipe,hops are going in tomorow thats 3 days later.Did by 2 kits so i'll taste my first one before brewing the 2nd kit.I actually thought the "offical"recipe had Pride of Ringwood in it also.

Archived