Coopers Community

Bastard Toucan

Dan,

I made a OS Lager Toucan once using two Lagers with if I can remember right I hopped it with some Fuggles. This was a bad idea.[sick] It aged for about eight months before I finally tipped it all into the compost. It was the first(and unfortunately not the last) brew I could not even drink!

By the way, Have I mentioned to you that I have never been able to make the OS Lager can tast good no matter how I try.[annoyed] I finally stopped trying.[pouty] The OS Draught Is a far better choice.[rightful]

I did this:

OS lager, 500g LDM, 100 g crystal grain, 100g choc grain (steeped), 250 g dex, 12.5 g Hallertau hops boiled 10 mins, W34/70 yeast.

Was very nice.

EDIT - Muddy beat me to my own recipe (which I stole from the interweb somewhere anyway!)

I also did a toucan with a mex cerveza with stacks of Motueka dry hopped. That was OK, but not great.

I was never a fan of the Lager kit but I think that was because I had only ever tried it with BE1 and no additional hops.

I tried it again fairly recently with 500g LDM, 500g Dry Wheat Malt, 200g Carabelge (I just wanted to try it) and Galaxy hops.

Its a nice refreshing blonde ale. Not spectacular but nice.

Archived