Coopers Community

If you like "X" you'll love "Y" !!!

Silverthorn

I love the idea of never making the same beer twice and spending the rest of my brewing days until my liver pulls the pin on me having one beer adventure after another. That said I still by the occasional slab of my old staple (Carlton Mid) because well it's kind of comforting like a trip back to the town I grew up in.

I have no desire to live there any more but I do enjoy a visit.

Does anybody have a recipe that replicates this or any of the other commercials. If I could brew a beer very close to my old favourite I'm sure from there I would start to tweak and fiddle until I had my own house beer. I'd still brew lots of different beers because I do love the whole broadening the horizons thing.

If you have an "If you like X you'll love Y" Recipe then let's hear it!! :)

I do hope this is not seen as a cardinal home brew sin and gets me banished to purgatory [devil] but I do think that like me if new brewers were able to replicate their old fav as a starting point the results may be very interesting once they have control over the final product and can tweak it to their hearts content.

Mark, don't know where you live so we can't go down memory lane with you.

That being said, if you make the clone you liver will last a few days longer, but Carlton Mid, would kill a brown dog on a chain, or at least bore him to death.[crying] [pinched]

Weggl

Hey did y'all see the spell check we have at last on the Coopers site![love] [love]

Hey did y'all see the spell check we have at last on the Coopers site![love] [love]

lol I think the break must have done you good Warren. I have always had the spell check. Maybe they know we need it here in Tassie? [pinched]

Mark, don't know where you live so we can't go down memory lane with you.

That being said, if you make the clone you liver will last a few days longer, but Carlton Mid, would kill a brown dog on a chain, or at least bore him to death.[crying] [pinched]

Weggl

I knew I was opening myself up for a big slap up the side of the head here and considering... I think that was very gentle :)

I wanted to switch to a mid so I could drink more BEER and the local GOLD offering is like fizzy water. At least I could taste some hopps and malt! And yes it is also good for killing bugs in tha garden and stripping paint LOL

Just dono enough about what makes what part of the overall constituents of a beer yet to be able to even guess where to start with cloning.

I pulled this from a home brew supplies website.

CARLTON MID* (Ferment 12-15C)

1.7Kg Morgans Australian Mid 3.5

1.0Kg Aussie Brewmakers "Beer Improver" (not sure whats in this, maybe something like be1)

2 x Morgans Tea Bag Hops - Pride of Ringwood

15g Brew Cellar Premium Lager Yeast

Cant give you any feedback about this, I just remembered seeing it there.

This may produce a brew in a similar style to a Carlton Mid [whistling

1.7kg TCS Australian Bitter kit

500g Light Dry Malt,

300g Dextrose/Sugar

Kit yeast and/or lager yeast fermented at 15C

Made to 25 litres

This may produce a brew in a similar style to a Carlton Mid [whistling

1.7kg TCS Australian Bitter kit

500g Light Dry Malt,

300g Dextrose/Sugar

Kit yeast and/or lager yeast fermented at 15C

Made to 25 litres

That's what I'm looking for!! Keep it in the family and all!! :)

I'm kinda really enjoying Coopers. A friend from way back brewed Brigalow and I could drink it but I can't say I enjoyed it. I've tried some others over the years and had a similar opinion of them.

I'm really enjoying the Coopers products so far and am more than a little scared to stray from the fold in case it makes a batch of bad beer.

The biggest problem with that is unless it made me sick I couldn't tip out a beer not even a bad one so I would have to drink it!![sick]

Archived