Coopers Community

kosciusko pale ale

weggl

Was at a club at Collaroy tonight' date=' had a kosciusko pale ale, I thought it was a very nice beer. Anybody had it? I think it may be hoped with Galaxy, ant thoughts?[cool']

The Pet Weggl

I think my local bottleshop stocks it, I'll try it and let you know what I think.

Your learning Muddy.[rightful]

Seriously, I was thinking of making one from, say LPME and Wheat ME and Galaxy hops, any info on the amount to use and how long to boil to get the bitterness correct. Or from Coopers Pale Ale with Galaxy thrown in. Any thoughts on amounts? I thought that the Kosciusko ale was quite nice, but then how would I know? I drink out of PET!!

The Pet Weggl

Have come up with.

Can Pale Ale

1Kg WME

150g DEX

15g Galaxy 10 min

10g Galaxy day 3

23L US 05 Yeast

Abv 4.9%

Should I substitute the WME with LDME?

Am wondering if the 15 for 10 min of Galaxy, which is a fairly bitter hop would be sufficient to counter the sweetness of the Malt?

All help appreciated.

Weggl

I would keep the wheat malt. I don't think the Kosciusko has that much wheat in it but this will be a very, very nice beer.

If you want the 'in your face' Galaxy experience then you could increase the dry hop.

But I like your more subtle recipe.

Recently made a Coopers Pale Ale with 500 LDME and 500 dex, Good but a little on the sweet side, so for that reason I am going to modify the Kozy one.

Can Pale Ale

500 WDME

500DEX

15g Galaxy 10 MIN

10 \u2026\u2026\u2026\u2026Day3

23L

US-05 Yeast

Wadyareckon about that Hairy?[roll]

Think I will rename it "Mt Selwyn Pale Ale". [love]

Wadyareckon about that Hairy?

I prefer your original recipe.

But then again, I don't have to drink it (I'm not on the Weggl beer & spa invite list).

I would go for the 1kg WDME and increase the boil to at least 15 minutes. That should balance the sweetness of the malt.

No Pics please

I believe that for the next Weggl event there will be 12 attendees and we will be making a calendar.

One bloke budgie smuggling per month.

I will be Mr January to start the year off with a bang.

It will probably be available in the Coopers Store for $9.95 (plus $45 delivery)[biggrin]

No Pics please

I believe that for the next Weggl event there will be 12 attendees and we will be making a calendar.

One bloke budgie smuggling per month.

I will be Mr January to start the year off with a bang.

It will probably be available in the Coopers Store for $9.95 (plus $45 delivery)[biggrin]

Would prefer the Octoberfest girls [w00t]

Archived