Coopers Community

Experiment - Happy Hoppy Draught

I turned a Draught into an APA last night and no idea how it will taste but it should come out ok.

Recipe:

1 Coopers Draught

1.5kg LDM

10g Nelson Sauvin @ 15 min

10g Cascade @ 10 min

10g Nelson Sauvin @ 10 Min

10g Cascade Dry Hop

US-05

21 litres

OG 1048

FG 1007

5.5% (6% bottle)

Hi Bill,

It sounds like a tasty drop. I sure like the OS Draught can with Cascade and the Nelson Sauvin will probably make it into something similar to Muddy's "Full Nelson Ale". Which by the way is a really nice brew.

I have to agree though, with Matty. Your SG readings sound like they are off by -10.

Tell us how it turns.

Chad

I understand the FG should be around 1013 but I am guessing my FG will be around 1009. Don't forget I have a magician at home who seems to take my beers down further than a usual FG at times. I am hoping he waves his wand here. Only time will tell I guess :)

Your Magician may be really healthy, happy highly attenuating yeasties[love]

According to Fermentis, US05 attenuates around 75%, achieving 80% would get you very close to your expected FG.

I like the sound of your recipe and have the ingredients on hand except for the yeast, but I do have a Wyeast American P.A...

Will add 20 grams Centennial for a full 60 minute 4 litre boil to get the IBUs up to around 40 (my preference)

Thanks for the idea!

Yummy. Might try that when it warms up a bit here.

Perfect Lager brewing weather here at the moment, my brewing area has been sitting at 13 for the last few weeks, and should stay below 15 until early September. How I love my floor being mostly underground.

Sounds like the APA I made called Sunset Gold,but with different hops & such. The combo of DME & the OS draught can worked real well for it. You used hops more like the guys over here do for an APA

I used US Perle & Czech Saaz just to do something out of the norm.

I think you'll like the combo you used,sounds more "classic" to the American pale ale style. Makes me wish I still had some of mine.

Guess I'll just have to make more...

Your Magician may be really healthy' date=' happy highly attenuating yeasties[love']

According to Fermentis, US05 attenuates around 75%, achieving 80% would get you very close to your expected FG.

I like the sound of your recipe and have the ingredients on hand except for the yeast, but I do have a Wyeast American P.A...

Will add 20 grams Centennial for a full 60 minute 4 litre boil to get the IBUs up to around 40 (my preference)

Thanks for the idea!

This recipe should already be about 37.6 IBU. If you add the 20g Centennial @ 60 minutes then you will get about 56.8 IBU. I was thinking of using Centennial but I only have 10g and I need it for another recipe.

I did this with a 10L boil for the hop additions.

Hey Bill,

I put this one down last night with some ingredients I had laying around.

Golden Amber Ale

1.7Kg OS Draught

1/2 can (850g) Canadian Blonde

566g Amber Malt (liquid)

275g Crystal Malt (steeped for 60mins)

10g Cascade 15mins

10g Centenial 10mins

10g Cascade dry hop

10g Centenial dry hop

23L water

11.5g US-05 yeast (rehydrated)

OG 1.046

It turned out a lttle darker than i was intending but who cares.[joyful]

Chad

mmmm I love Centennial [love] . I reckon you could have got away with steeping grain for only 30mins though. I don't think it makes a lot of difference that extra half hour, but then again I could be wrong [alien]

It looks a nice drop.

I just kegged this one after 12 days and FG for this recipe for me was 1.007 which makes the ABV 5.5% (6% for bottles)

The sample tasted pretty good. I'll be cracking this keg next Saturday so we'll know then what it's like.

Well I tried this one last night and must say it is a nice drop. A bit Fat Yakkish so if you like Fat Yak this is similar. I'll be putting another one of these down again soon as I am expecting the rest of this keg to go by the end of tonight [crying]

Archived