Coopers Community

Centram

weggl

Have taken the liberty to rename Muddie\u2019s \u201cCentramarrilo\u201d, if that was its name.

I have renamed it \u201cCentram\u201d much easier to pronounce.

It was,

2.5 Kg DME 1 KG -BE2

20g CENTENNIAL 30 MIN

40g AMARILLO 20 MIN

40g AMARILLO 10 MIN

CULTURED YEAST

23L

Tried one tonight, just 1 month old am very impressed. A little too bitter but that will mellow slightly in another month, then it will be magnificent!!!

That's a bit politically incorrect on a few fronts Warren, that's a bit like renaming his kids.[crying]

You spelt it wrong - although you expected that - its Centenarillo[biggrin]

You even spelt Muddy wrong[crying]

p.s. I think you might find it was a recipe from the AHB forum...but I might be wrong about that.

Sounds like Greg is a school master. I'll write is out 100 times. [innocent]

But at least he admits he to can be wrong.[cool] By the way, whats a "font". Aint it a pool of water?[biggrin]

Weggl

In all honesty, I think the original name should be kept if it is using the same recipe as Neil's. I wouldn't like it if someone changed the name of my original recipe and therefore I would respect that of others.

Something easier would have been good but unfortunately it isn't the case.

Nothing to feel bad about Muddy. You should be given credit to providing a link to a good recipe and I have never read where you have ever accepted the credit for its creation. As far as I know you have always referenced the maker of a recipe that is not your own. Even to the point of using someone else's recipe that you have modified slightly [innocent]

Yeah I kind of wish my ingredients would hurry up and my batch of European Lager would free up the fermenter.

This will be my first use of grains, but im confident they arn't too hard to use.

Before you go all the way to all grain try extracts with steeping grain.

I have barely any space as is but I can do this fairly easy in the kitchen before I move the fermenter.

It will also start to show you and perfect some of your techniques before you get to all grain

i dont know if the anzac ale counts as steeping grain one beers i used of how to brew page was quite nice roasted ale really enjoyed it. Want t o try for different grains at moment on budget as got wedding help pay for, also supplying the beer for the day.

i been told by missus when we buy bigger house with bigger shed then i can do mashing until then i have do what i got use what i got and adventure away from the basics a little so cmon 5yr plan

What is wrong with using a 19L pot on the stove top. So cheap and good beer as a result. Big W has these pots on sale at the moment for $12. Can't beat that!!

yeah but for under $30 you could be brewing on the stove where you are now with minimal fuss. Anyhow, just thought I'd let you know that there is another option rather than having to wait years.

Bill, it may well be Niel's recipe but I believe Muddy coined the name??

If so then I wave every right to rename it. If not then I will humbly withdraw "Centram". Never ever feel guilty Muddy, its no good for the soul!

Weggl

if someone named a recipe and put it out for everyone to use. i think that you should honour the name of the beer and keep using that name. Other wise people stop sharing there recipes and then we have no great beers to try or make

Archived