Coopers Community

what to brew in cold weather

BakersAle

I would be still trying to brew an Ale. So anything other then the European Lagar and the Pilsner Kit and just wrap a blanket or something around the fermenter.

When it gets to around 10C then you can use the lager yeast kits.

Allan, Build yourself a heater box with a temp controller (try Jaycars $30) a 60w incandesant lamp will supply enough heat to keep it warm as long as your box is insulated well enough.

Weggl

thanks weggl for the advice i decided to make a euro lager let it ferment for few weeks i dont think missus would like it if i took one lamps used it for the beer besides weather in canberra great for the euro lager at moment [lol]

lol yep, seems about normal to me, you obviously haven't checked my location. That's fine, and some of the people posting on here I would say get snow right to their door step [roll]

I have fond memories of crisp Winter mornings in Hobart, walking back from the gymnasium at Anglesea Barracks, not a cloud in the sky, the sun lighting up Mount Wellington, throwing pink hues and capped off with stark white snow. [love]

Memories of Canberra in Winter - freezing my arse off - the temporary accommodation at the SGTs' Mess was inadequate.[pouty]

[rightful] Winter hasn't started yet Matty [rightful] ...[tongue]

I know, I am not looking forward to it. Although the brewery is holding a nice 10C when I get up in the morning. Good lagering weather that is.

Archived