Coopers Community

Free Coopers PET Bottles (Sydney Pickup)

Muddy Waters

Hi Guys - I hope you are all well [cool]

I have a heap of used but clean PET beer bottles up for grabs if anyone wants them. I haven't counted them but there are probably about 200 or so. About 1/2 of them are mine and 1/2 from the house of Weggl.

I'll probably dig up some glass bottles to go with them but there may not be too many.

I'd prefer them to go to a good brewing home rather than in the bin.

Good to see you checking back in Muddy.

I was tempted but then I saw a condition being "a good brewing home" [pinched]

Plus if I get more bottles it will give my wife more ammunition to not get a keg setup [devil]

Hey Muddy' date=' I hope this just means you have moved to all kegging.[unsure']

Don't be concerned Paul - I am kegging these days I haven't given up this devine pastime of champions.

Don't worry Hairy I wont force them on you and hamper your path to kegging. Be warned kegging is fattening [lol] - I hope you've escaped the fires out your way. Everything ok?

Pilbo - I'm back for the moment...just testing the water. I've missed the place - It was my only outlet for the crap that goes on inside my brain. Nobody else listens [crying] but you guys always tolerated me admirably [biggrin]

I'm guessing nobody wants the bottles???????

I figured I would put on at least 10kgs when I start kegging so I have decided to lose 10kg before I start. So far I have lost 0kg so still a little bit to go [biggrin]

I wasn't directly affected by the fires but it is always a bit scary. I don't live in Penrith itself but on the outskirts and directly across the road from the bush. The trees in there are still slightly blackened from the last time it visited 10 years ago.

But you do know people affected and friends of friends that have lost everything, apart from themselves and their family. It's amazing how the community pulls together at times like this and it really puts things into perspective.

Sorry about that. I promise not to be serious again for a while [biggrin]

Be warned kegging is fattening [lol]
Have been kegging since 2000 - no regrets. Mind you, my weight has gradually increased over the years but I put it down to a combination of excess food, booze and lack of exercise...

Peaked out at 97kgs around Clipsal 500 time this year. Not good when you are only 174cms tall [pinched]

So, in April I made the D to lose a few kgs - now at 83kg and still enjoying a beer or three [biggrin]

Thanks Hairy [biggrin]

I've always had good intentions toward keeping the BMI at reasonable numbers (particularly whilst in the RAAF) but over time it has become apparent that my mind has been writing (fat) cheques that my body can't cash [lol]

Watched a doco, which struck a chord with me - since then, have been eating "not much" on Mondays and Thursdays while eating whatever I want on every other day. It suits my mentality. [sideways]

Thanks for the offer, Muddy!

As a matter of fact I was going to ask if you wanted a coupla' boxes of bottles that I've got hanging around just collecting dust. I guess you don't want them then, eh?[pouty]

Thanks Chad but I've got plenty [lol] - you could drop them at my place and I'll try to get rid of them as a bulk lot [innocent]

BB - If you want thirty that is fine with me [biggrin]

I can be contacted more reliably via email for anyone that wants: muddy_waters74[at]hotmail.com

Thanks for the bottles Muddy, I haven't even counted them yet, but should be right for bottles for the next decade or so now!

At least now when I give people a bottle to try at home it won't be a drama if they take a while to return the bottle or it never comes back.

Some of them look a bit neglected, but I don't mind spending some time washing and sterilizing them, it'll give me a break from sitting on my backside writing stuff on websites, watching TV, or trying to avoid the neighbours. [pinched] If I need any more I'll let you know, or if you want to exchange beers some time to try each others brew just let me know. My Canadian Blonde is tasting pretty good at the moment, but it's a bit deja brew, as I've made 3 in a row to try to get my technique down pat; great beer, but next I think I'll have to do a wheat beer, just to do something different.

Cheers mate.

Thanks for the bottles Muddy, I haven't even counted them yet, but should be right for bottles for the next decade or so now!

At least now when I give people a bottle to try at home it won't be a drama if they take a while to return the bottle or it never comes back.

Some of them look a bit neglected, but I don't mind spending some time washing and sterilizing them, it'll give me a break from sitting on my backside writing stuff on websites, watching TV, or trying to avoid the neighbours. [pinched] If I need any more I'll let you know, or if you want to exchange beers some time to try each others brew just let me know. My Canadian Blonde is tasting pretty good at the moment, but it's a bit deja brew, as I've made 3 in a row to try to get my technique down pat; great beer, but next I think I'll have to do a wheat beer, just to do something different.

Cheers mate.

No worries champ - Once I saw the bottles I realised I should have grabbed some from my own stash...Weggl mustn't have looked after the ones I gave you like I look after mine. But like I said, just give me a yell and I'll bring some more and I promise they'll look much better.

Archived