Coopers Community

Coopers' - DONT YOU DARE!!! >:o

kieran

To Frank, Paul, Claire, or anyone else here working for Coopers.

Can you please go to Tim, or Glen, or whoever holds sway in your company; and tell them to tell Lion Nathan to stick their Takeover offer in the bin, because Coopers, the largest family owned brewery in Australia is NOT for sale, and NEVER will be.. and that heaps of customers like myself will drink CUB or other swill while in pubs (and full mash homebrews at home) in preference to anything NewZealand owned.

Anyone else here with similar feelings?

I dont know the Coopers position on this, they may have already laughed it off.. but I read this in the Herald Sun this morning, and was shocked.

KEEP IT AUSTRALIAN, KEEP IT ADELAIDEAN.

We are doing everythimg we can (within the law) to remain a family owned company.

I suppose it is part of the nature of business...a company begins to show real success, grabbing market share and the "sharks" start circling.

:oops: :oops:

As a very patriotic Aussie and a Coopers Club member of 10 years or so, I was shocked (but not surprised) to hear of this take over bid by the Kiwi's. Coopers, as a brewery has everything going for it. STILL Aussie owned with a marvellous tradition built on quality. We don't want to lost that. Especially the quality control that keeps Coopers beers more consistant than any beers I've ever tasted - and I've tasted a lot! Fight it out Coopers. There's a good reason you are already expanding very healthily. It's the respect that you've built up over generations. Fight it out and we'll fight with you!

Cheers

c27513

im a fan of coopers.. for tha australian ownership.. the flavour.. the fact my money goes to people here in adelaide.

im a new member joined today, been thinking of joining for some time.

what makes coopers the best beer to drink in adelaide?

THE FACT ITS OURS!!!!

keep it aussie... sell out and we lose the australian flavours and tastes.. the $$$ that circle round our fair city from our patronage of this fine brew!

we could start by writing a list of all the Lion Nathan products, and avoid buying them. The language they speak is $, so for them to listen it will have to cost them $.

They own:

Tooheys

Malt Shovel Brewery (James Squire - a shame, they brew a few nice beers actually -- which makes me wonder why they need coopers if they can scale up production of their product, it would compete directly with coopers' products)

Hahn

XXXX

Lion Red

Swan

SA Brewing

Steinlager

Speights

The beers they effectively produce are:

Emu Bitter

Emu Export

Eumundi

Carbine Stout

Ice Beer

Southwark Bitter

Southwark Stout

Southwark Pale Ale

Swan Draught

Swan Stout

Tooheys Extra Dry

Tooheys Maxim

Tooheys New

Tooheys Pils

Tooheys Old

Red Bitter

West End Draught

West End Export

XXXX Bitter

XXXX DL Lager

XXXX Draught

Emu Draft

Gold Bitter

West End Gold

XXXX Gold

Beck's

Boddingtons

Heineken

Kirin Ichiban

Pilsner Urquell

Steinlager

Tiger

Hahn Premium

James Squire Amber Ale

James Squire India Pale Ale

James Squire Pilsener

James Squire Porter

Southwark Premium

James Squire Colonial Wheat beer

James Squire Australian Strong Ale

Hahn Premium Light

Blue Bitter

Tooheys Blue Ice

West End Light

XXXX Light Bitter

& in the wine side of things (from SA):

Tatachilla

Knappstein

St. Hallets

Petaluma

What a list!!!!!

I guess then the fridge will just have to remain a Coopers Only zone - what a great thing that is.

Time to forward the list and educate a few people about their poor drinking habits and support of sheep lovers :D

Don't forget that Lion Nathan is majority owned by the Japs!!! Lion Nathan realise that they can't beat Copper's with their products, thats why they want to be greedy and buy em out.

As Leyton would say "C'mon!!!" Tim, Glenn and board, us loyal Cooper's drinkers are right behind ya!!! :D

Fritz, just a note on that list; things like Becks, Boddingtons and other international premiums are brewed locally by Lion Nathan under license from the respective breweries. So boycotting local Becks and Boddingtons would be effective, but the same wouldn't be necessarily said for doing the same in, say, Germany (with becks) or in the UK (with boddingtons) as their respective breweries brew those in those locations..

I have strong word from my German housemate (and avid Becks afficionado) that our becks here isn't as good as the proper Bremen-brewed Becks. Same goes for Guiness over here apparently (irish "brother in law"), CUB brewed stuff isn't as good as the Dublin brewed stuff. Probably water quality differences, more than anything.

• 1 month later...

Yes I have been absent for some time now, but would like to endorse the sentiments of all the Coopers faithful, if I knew of anyway at all, legal or not so legal to stop those sheep rooters taking over Coopers, I would certainly be utilizing it!

• 5 years later...

All I can say that whatever Lion Nathan is offering now would probably increase by 100% in 5-7 years... I see the current micro/craft scene very immature and when it does take off, voila!! And thank you for the list, no more James Squire for me!!!

Archived