Coopers Community

Brewery tours anyone?

William

Been on about this for years, may as well have another bash...

Cooper's new brewery is just begging to be visited by legions of enraptured fans.

I know that the brewery tour concept has been put off until Coopers get a lift, so it can be opened to the public, including those with disabilities.

Well, its been a long wait so far...

Any chance of a tour in this year? Or in this financial year? Or before 2006?

Its really frustrating knowing the brewery tour environment is all set up (except that dang lift), just waiting to let us wander through!

Heres hoping :-) ....

PS - and just to prove its been a long wait....

Cooper's (on the original forum) had this to say in May 2001:

"Yes you certainly will be able to have a tour of the new brewery. Coopers has never been able to do this in the past due to occupational health and safety regulations and the way the brewery is set up. As it is the old and original you literally have to duck under pipes, climb up stairs etc.

The new brewery has been built especially with these things in mind. Tours were definitely high on the list of things the new brewery has to offer. "

We hear you William!!

We receive numerous requests for tours via phone, e-mail, mail and walk-ins every day. So you are not the only one asking the question!

Yes we are planning to run Brewery Tours.

Q. "When?" You ask.

A. Once the pavilion (the old STA footy clubrooms) has been refurbished and converted into a Museum, Function Centre, Merchandise Shop, etc.

How long will it take? How long is a piece of string? Work is underway on the pavilion and it is progressing to schedule. It is one of the many projects around the Brewery site at the moment. The expansion project to the value of 7 million dollars has precedence...we wouldn't want to run out of beer!

I am loathed to offer up a date because we are now moving into the busiest time of the year - maybe, early 2005?

Rest assured that we are not sitting on our hands with this matter and we will inform all and sundry once we have firm details.

• 1 month later...

Hi folks...I'm gearing up for a few days back in the Adelaide early next year, and was hoping that by the first week of January I can get a look at how my mother's milk...oops, how Coopers is brewed :D So...any more thoughts/ideas etc?

Thanks

Andrew

PS My member's cap is the snazziest golfing attire ever seen at the Chester Hill Social Golf Club!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From the main website:

"Coopers Brewery Tours

\t

Tours of Coopers Brewery have at this stage been scheduled to commence at the beginning of 2006.

Please refer back to this site for further information around this time period."

Well, the beginning of 2006 is well and truly apon us!

Avoiding any further reference to clich\xe9d expressions, I'd like to impart some information that is to be kept between the gatepost and us. Oh there we go again! I have been reliably informed that public tours will FINALLY commence "at about the same time" as the official opening of the museum and function centre. This is presently scheduled for around the last week of February. I know it's all a bit fuzzy but it's more precise than "next year some time". The price is set at $20 per head and I am presently negotiating for a discount for Club Members (more than 10%). All proceeds from tours goes to charity. We will initially be running four tours per week. No other details are available at the moment.

Cheers, Frank.

PS Please don't call or email us for a precise date or other details - you'll know as soon as we do.

No doubt there'll be an all-you-can-drink finale to the tour :D

Also, I hadn't heard about the museum plan. Or the function centre. Pity I'm already married. Perhaps, after three years, it's time to renew our vows :wink: Look out!

Oliver

50% discount would be sweet for all the wonderful years of service us members have provided - filling these forums with all sorts of useful crap. It'd also give a good kick to signups for the club on the spot!

I'll be over in Easter - please book me in for Tuesday 18th April. I'm in melbourne so I dont get over every week! Bear with me... ! :D

• 2 weeks later...

The official opening of the Museum is scheduled for midweek of the last week of Feb, so public tours will kick off after that, I'd imagine. Tour days and times will be published shortly, once details are finalised. People wishing to make group bookings, please be aware that there is a maximum of 20 people per tour. Coopers Club Members receive a 20% discount ($16 per head). Still waiting on exact dates and times for the first tours.

Cheers, Frank.

• 1 month later...

Update on the 28th march - from the 'Brewery tours' tab on the Coopers website:

Coopers have announced that it will begin offering public tours of its brewery from April 2006 - with all proceeds going to charity.

Tour days and times will be published once details are finalised. People wishing to make enquiries regarding tour commencement should contact reception on (08) 8440 1800.

So get on the phone and start booking :-)

Top work Frank on the larger (Lager?) discount for the faithful.

Gee it's nice after a year and a half to get back to this thread with the tours finally in sight.... :-)

(not to mention the thread on the old forum from 2001!)

I don't think we are taking bookings just yet, but give Alana or Briony a call at reception in early to mid April. They did start taking names and phone numbers as a registration of interest a month or so ago but no bookings as such.

Cheers, Frank.

• 3 months later...

Now that Brewery Tours have been bedded down and members of the general public have heard that we are running them, there is a bit of queue forming...... So, in order to ensure that Club Members receive the best chance to tour the brewery as soon as possible, we are offering an exclusive timeslot that is not on offer to the unwashed:

2.00pm every Monday afternoon

Contact Alana at Reception to make a booking and make sure you tell her that you are a Club Member!

Cheers, Frank.

Ihr Reisengastgeber

(Your tour host)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived