Coopers Community

Anyone use a crown urn for their brewing?

SimonB24

Welcome Simon and thanks for the link.

I think your title should have been "Anyone use BIAB for brewing"

IanH's spreadsheet can be used for Pots as well as the Crown Urn by the look of it and seems to provide a lot more detail in some respects than Brewmate which is the freeware many tight asses use.

I like the way he has the depth of liquid calculation based on diameter of the pot.

Think I must have spent an hour making up depth/volume charts for my 3 pots.

I like the way he has the depth of liquid calculation based on diameter of the pot.

I like that feature too. I have this spreadsheet, Brewmate and Beersmith, but I tend to use Beersmith mostly to create recipes. I've got a pretty good idea how much water to add to get enough wort at the end to fill my cubes now, which is marked on the site tube on the urn, and I always make the same size batches anyway, so I get exactly 5 batches per 25kg sack of base malt.

Dear Mrs Muley,

I think Muley really needs a crown urn for his birthday.

There are two great benefits I can see here:

1. Muley can make really good beer

2. You can get a bit of peace & quiet as he will be spending all his time brewing really good beer & logging on here to tell us all about it.

Win/win. [cool] [biggrin]

...except for us who will have to read all his future posts [crying]

There, Muley I have done my bit.

Yes' date=' thanks! On the birthday wish list. Now I just have to convince the wife I need more beer equipment. Maybe if you guys tell her it will add a really lovely homey scent to the air?[/quote']

Just tell her it will keep you off the streets and your body will be all hers from now on.

Then in the confusion, buy her a 4dollar bunch of flowers and yourself the urn.

It'll probably work because women are not very clever...

We used to have a woman on here once. It was nice. The forum became warmer.

Rosie? where have you gone? are you still reading in the background? how did your gingerbeer turn out?

Archived