Coopers Community

Brewing spreadsheet

JimmyFozzers

Hi all - does anyone have a copy of the brewing spreadsheet posted on the Aussiehomebrewer forums? I've tried to register there, but the moderator hasn't got back to me yet.

Also, is there a way to search these forums? Possibly being stupid, but I can't see any search functionality anywhere...[unsure]

Hi all - does anyone have a copy of the brewing spreadsheet posted on the Aussiehomebrewer forums? I've tried to register there, but the moderator hasn't got back to me yet.

Also, is there a way to search these forums? Possibly being stupid, but I can't see any search functionality anywhere...[unsure]

bottom right of page jimmy theres a search box...im also waiting on admin there i mucked up my joining and hoping on an email very soon???

Hi guys.

For those a little newer to the forum, you can actually download "IanH's" well publicised Spreadsheet, without having to join another forum. Some time ago I placed it in my personal webspace so that members of this forum could gain easier access to it.

It is a fantastic tool that will take much of the guesswork out of creating your recipes. I highly recommend it as a means of improving your brewing knowledge & also the quality of your beer.

You can download it from >> LINK <<

* Special thanks to one of the Coopers Forum's more experienced/senior members for providing me access to a copy of it (Muddy Waters).

Anthony.

That spreadsheet linked, it is a great tool, BUT it wont actually teach you much, you still need to research the recipe to determine what you want out of it..

as in.. you could plug 500g of crystal, 50g of Perle hops, sure it'll get you into the ball park with regard to where the OG should be and also how many IBU's you may get from a boil.. but will it tell you that Perle hops isnt a good idea for that style? No. Will it tell you that 500g of crystal malt is too much for that recipe? No.

Now dont get me wrong, it's a great tool when used correctly as many other bits of brewing software are and I used it extensively when starting out too. But I combined that with researching the recipe first and made some stunning beers with it's help.

I also feel it's a good idea to be a member over there as well, any questions you have about the spreadsheet (not to mention the updates as he does them [whistling ), IanH is always good at answering, top bloke, top bit of excel work to help Kit brewers make some oustanding beer.

Peace Yo

No, there's nothign on this computer that will open any work related file extensions.

It's designed to be solely for gaming, internet and media to stop me trying to work from home.

I suppose I'll dig ou my laptop and have a gander there [happy]

Yeah for me it was mainly to get a handle on what different combinations of kits/adjuncts would produce a beer with my target ABV. I realise now that it's actually pretty simple from that perspective, but when I get to the stage of adding in grain/hops (following plenty of research [biggrin] ) I can see that it will be a really useful tool.

I would say, it's more to get a handle on target OG and IBU rather that FG.. though of course that comes along for the ride as well..

For me it was all about learning what the hop additions did in terms of balance.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Archived