Coopers Community

Cheers

Nick

upto 4 or so months ago, all i knew was megaswill. probably spent enough on it over 30 odd years to buy an investment property or 2. Anyway a slight change in circumstances forced me to look more closely at my finances, so brewing my own beer become a pretty serious option.

My first brew was the OS lager of course and it turned out quite drinkable. Then i discovered this facsinating forum and become acquanted with a bunch of nameless, faceless, semi alcoholic derro's, much like myself i suppose!

Well the result has been, that i have not only enjoyed the fun, the drama, the trials and tribulations, the dummy spits and BS the that would put the bold and beautiful to shame, but i have also learned the basic techniques that have enabled me to turn earflapper homebrew into a beer that i could never give up for megaswill again.

This became evident to me this arvo, because i was invited out for a few hours fishing on a mates boat. i had no homebrew ready so i called in the the bottlo for some beer and decided to have a go at some Coops sparkling Ale. Well sorry PB2, but i cant remember drinking Coops before, so i was keen to give it a go and what a nice bloody drop it is, but in all honesty, it aint that far infront of the stuff i have been brewing.

Thats when i realised that my beer is pretty good and not just because it is me who has made it. loads of mates have said it is OK (as good a compliment as they ever give], but you are never sure if they are being polite?

Point of the thread is to say cheers for the info, encouragement and patience and to all the regulars and irregulars hear, i hope to learn more from you all in 2013

To be honest I love my home brew over store bought beer anyday I like coopers pale ale and sparkling ale they were my favourites till i discovered hops. I do make the odd basic recipe for mates because they don't like hops but I will say the basic pale ale recipe 1kg of LDM maybe a bit of sugar if you wish to bump up the ABV use the re cultured coopers yeast its pretty hard to tell the difference from a home brew or a commercial coopers.

upto 4 or so months ago, all i knew was megaswill. probably spent enough on it over 30 odd years to buy an investment property or 2. Anyway a slight change in circumstances forced me to look more closely at my finances, so brewing my own beer become a pretty serious option.

My first brew was the OS lager of course and it turned out quite drinkable. Then i discovered this facsinating forum and become acquanted with a bunch of nameless, faceless, semi alcoholic derro's, much like myself i suppose!

Well the result has been, that i have not only enjoyed the fun, the drama, the trials and tribulations, the dummy spits and BS the that would put the bold and beautiful to shame, but i have also learned the basic techniques that have enabled me to turn earflapper homebrew into a beer that i could never give up for megaswill again.

This became evident to me this arvo, because i was invited out for a few hours fishing on a mates boat. i had no homebrew ready so i called in the the bottlo for some beer and decided to have a go at some Coops sparkling Ale. Well sorry PB2, but i cant remember drinking Coops before, so i was keen to give it a go and what a nice bloody drop it is, but in all honesty, it aint that far infront of the stuff i have been brewing.

Thats when i realised that my beer is pretty good and not just because it is me who has made it. loads of mates have said it is OK (as good a compliment as they ever give], but you are never sure if they are being polite?

Point of the thread is to say cheers for the info, encouragement and patience and to all the regulars and irregulars hear, i hope to learn more from you all in 2013

awesome nick......although i must say its your fault im now looking in ebay for gadgets aka.stc1000 lol...and to top off xmas i found out one of my son in laws mates is a fridgey....xmas is just lookingh soooooo damn good this year lol. cheers all...Nedg

Archived