Coopers Community

Heading Fluig

JohnB45

Heading fluid ? at what stage do I put heading fluid in my brew ?

The Foam God can be appeased in other ways besides using Heading Fluid.

What are you brewing? The type of beer (ingredients used) has a significant impact on head retention.

Conditioning your beer for an adequate length of time is also most important not only to taste but also for the quality of the head and its retention.

What type of glasses do you use and how do you clean them? Etched glasses can aid in head retention.

What type of glasses do you use and how do you clean them? Etched glasses can aid in head retention.

G'Day JohnB

JohnM is right on the money here. Checkout how good the Headmaster at your pub works and thats only got a bit of a scratch on the bottom. I've got some glasses that I bought from Young & Jackson (you know the PUB opposite Flinders Street Sation). They have a nice bit of cross hatch etching at the bottom and those bubbles keep working the whole time. I don't put heading fluid of finings in my brew cause mine are made out of beer.

Talk about off topic guys [roll]

As the good Lord said its added before racking to secondary/bottling, let us know how it goes.

I do wish my beer was just made out of just beer ... yeast nutrient, PH stabiliser, no rinse sanitiser, Keg lube & brewing salts are a few of my regular non-beer additions....I believe header fluid is made from seaweed.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived