Coopers Community

Tooheys Liquid Brewing Sugar

NickS10

Long time beer maker first time complainer

Ok so I fairly new to the whole forum thing, His me complaint I thought Id try the tooheys branded liquid brewing sugar, heres the issue. I had the beer brewing at 22c the og was 1036 but after temp correction it was 1038, the beer finished at 1016 and has been that way for 3 days until I decided to bottle it this morning. Has anyone else ever tried this product only to have it fizzle out half way through fermentation cause, oh I should say it was in the fv for 6 days. I read on the net that this type of fermentable sugar is great (im not ever using it again)or is it just me. Other then that i will never step away from Coopers products again for any experiment. I think Tooheys need to re-think their products cause to me this just didn't work at all. Most of my beers start at 1040 and finish at 1008 even with just using coopers brew enhancer 1 and nothing else.

I think I know what people will say lol.....

Just a mild reciepe, Coopers Draught and a tin of the liquid sugar. I usually add half a pack of light dry malt to my brews but I thought hmmm might try it without just to see what happens. oh and I added 21 litres of water cause i find doing up to 23 or even 25 litres puts a downer on a brew dosn't do it jusitce really. if my calculations were correct when measuring (usually they are not lol) it should have an ABV of 3.5 after bottle conditioning.

Does anyone know the exact ingredients and their proportions in a can of Tooheys Liquid Brewing Sugar?

I don't have any desire to use it whatsoever; just curious is all.

At least when you use Coopers brew enhancers you know exactly what is going into your beer.

Does anyone know the exact ingredients and their proportions in a can of Tooheys Liquid Brewing Sugar?

At least when you use Coopers brew enhancers you know exactly what is going into your beer.

I just googlised Tooheys Brewing sugar and Australian Homebrewing describe it as, and i quote "An excellent choice for those wishing to boost the body, head & alcohol whilst maintaining a light delicate colour.

Ingredients 100% pure maize starch."

I just googlised Tooheys Brewing sugar and Australian Homebrewing describe it as, and i quote "An excellent choice for those wishing to boost the body, head & alcohol whilst maintaining a light delicate colour.

Ingredients 100% pure maize starch."

Is that the same as corn syrup? I think corn syrup has a little less fermentability than dextrose.

So would it be similar to adding Coopers Brewing Sugar (ie. 80% dex, 20% maltodextrin)?

That was an experiment I only tried it because most of the info I read on it stated that Coopers made it. Someone stated on AHB that they went on a tour of Coopers and seen the Home Brand cans being packaged. Was worth a chance turned out well IMO. Unless PB2 can tell us otherwise I presume Coopers do make it.

When i read the instructions on the Homebrand kit the recipe called for 1kg of white sugar [sick] [sick] [sick] I am glad I made it my way with dry malt and small quantity of dextrose if I had followed the home brand instructions also their temp range was 25 - 35 degree's [sick] [sick] [sick] I was wondering how the hell do they sell so many with a kilo of table sugar and those temps would be an awful beer. Fermenting it at 18 - 20 worked well but gee whiz I would hate to taste what others have brewed at the high temps and craploads of white sugar.

Archived