Coopers Community

Closet Brewer

closet1.jpg

closet2.jpg

closet3.jpg

Brewing two Pale Ales:

On the left 13 days in - Coopers APA + Wheat Malt Extract, Crystal Malt 80, Galaxy & Willamette.

On the right 5 days in Coopers Light Malt Extract, Wheat Malt Extract, Crystal Malt 80, Topaz, Galaxy & Willamette.

You must have a lot more bottles or kegs or something somewhere else though' date=' right? Even I've got 120 of the 740ml PET bottles[/quote']

I didn't intend for this to be a bragging session on how many bottles I have [roll]. I've only got 4 Corny kegs, looking to have six in rotation soon. I've got an assortment of bottles (stashed around the house and garage) and over 260 litres of beer (not counting the two in FV) bottled and kegged. I think I am a bit like ChrisF9 in that I enjoy brewing and sharing, I brew faster than I drink [innocent] . When I get some more kegs I will be reducing my bottle inventory until they all fit in the one closet. Kegs for ABV up to 4.2% (mostly) and bottles for the supers and the strongs (ESVA, Porter and soon a Belgian).

I don't bottle beer into PET, Ginger beer a couple of times then to the bin.

Yeah... well... my bottle's bigger than yours, and... and.. once cought a fish and it was liek thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis biiiiiiiiiiig

<------------------------[joyful]--------------------------->

Nice setup, I was thinking about making something similar, maybe someday I'll get around to it [happy]

I mix the ingredients in the kitchen and then top up to about 8 litres, lift them into place then fill to the required level. I bottle and keg from where they sit and I can store quite a bit of beer under the FVs. I'd love a second kitchen.

Must be a PITA lifting those FVs up there Scott. Is there any reason why you don't leave them at ground level to make it easier?

Nelson, you should get Bill to come over and build you one of his numerous contraptions that helps him avoid manual labour [biggrin]

Archived