Coopers Community

Labeling Bottles

MarkB38

Has anyone out there used labels on their PET bottles, and how difficult is it to remove them (as well as the glue)?

I've been just putting stickies on the caps, with a brief description. I also have a numbered spreadsheet of my brew info that I can cross-foot to.

It would be neat to have labels, but I don't want to much of a hassle removing them. Thanks.

I labelled a few and it was too time consuming to remove them afterwards so never did it again.

Your PETs will last half as long because of the extra abuse you give them trying to get rid of the old label but you could just layer the next label over the remains of the previous ones i suppose.

I use glass bottles and use a different color cap for each batch, no labels needed (just a numbered stiker on the caps of bottles i keep for longterm storage)[biggrin]

This topic, or similar has been asked a few times now [pinched]

Nevertheless, I do use a sticker on the side of my PET's. I use the old 3.5" floppy labels and they come off real easy without any problems. i can also label 7-8 bottles with the one sticker.

Something similar to this

floppy_disk_gift_tags.jpg

Not labelling all mine but some of the ones I give away I do...

I simply print the label onto plain paper and then glue it on the bottle with a water based craft glue. Little bit of stuffing around but when giving to others I don't really mind....

I don't use labels, I simply put all the bottles from a batch into boxes, the ones the bottles come in, and mark the box with what is in there. When I put a new batch in the box I just cross out the previous brew and write on the new one.

Archived