Coopers Community

So that's how it happened?

Canadian Eh!L

So I was a happy kits & bits/extract brewer... Then, one day I was shopping at my local/online HBS and there it was... The grain mill I've been eyeing up for a year or so... Well I bought it along with 10Kg of grain.

That night I studied up the passages in my homebrew manuals on Partial/AG brewing and for the first time it seemed to make sense.[joyful] The very next morning I awoke and built a chilly bin style Mash/Lauter tun.

I am ready[unsure] to take the next step. To create my own beer. To become a Brewer![joyful]

My first attempt will be an English PA or Bitter... I think[unsure].

Wish me luck![innocent]

Good luck with it Chad. Let us know how it goes.

Did you run with the rectangular cooler with a braid (like in the video you posted)?

Yes, I went with the same set up as the video. I used 60" braided line with 14ga copper wire inside for the "spring". I also used the white Teflon tape.[pinched] Oops! I already had an extra retangle cooler and white teflon tape. The rest of the bits and pieces were easily obtained at the local hardware store and cost around $65. With a little help from my 4yr old son Thom it was dead easy to build.

Well done Chad. I have gone to AG full time now. Albeit I have 2 cans of Pale left but you wait until you taste your AG. I suggest if you have any cans left then use them before you do otherwise they will just sit there as mine have. mmmmmmmm AG [love] a world of difference.

Archived