Coopers Community

Lagering a Cerveza

AdamH1525226084

Hola amigos [lol]

So, I have an International Series Cerveza that I plan to put down soon and have some questions.

Firstly - do I use the recipe on the can or the Aztec Gold recipe? This is more for the missus for summer time. We both prefer Sol to Corona so does anyone know which one is closer to that? I was thinking of adding a tiny amount of medium crystal just to add a little more body.

Second - will this be better with a bit of lagering to clear it up? A couple of weeks maybe....

Also, would a lager yeast give a better result than the kit yeast (Ac+L)?

Gracias

I can't give any advice regarding the cerveza without throwing in a cheap "just piss in a glass" comment so I'll grab my hat and be on my way [innocent]

Don't forget to add the lemon too [innocent]

I can't really offer any advice on the cerveza. It isn't a style I particularly like and haven't made one.

But if you want to do a lager then just jump straight in. The Coopers Pilsener is a nice drop.

Also, you mentioned adding Medium Crystal to the cerveza. Wouldn't a pale crystal like Caramalt be better suited?

Last one I made, I just used a kilo of malt and the kit with the kit yeast. I thought it tasted like crap but all the megaswill mates polished it off in an evening and asking me to make it again.

I really dislike coronas and that type of style but they thought it tasted very close.

Just my 2bobs worth here,i'am a bit of a newbie brews down still in the 30ths.Cervezas down 3 all different recipes the most liked by the crowds was Coops with BE2 + Cascade hops[just a tea bag].Actually going to put another 1 down in prep for a long hot Qld. summer going to try some kaffir lime leaves boiled up.

I made a batch with BE2 and the kit yeast for last summer. I quite liked it, actually. I'd say the taste was closer to Sol than Corona, only a tad sweeter. The next time I brew it I'll add some spicy hops to it, maybe Saaz.

Hola amigos [lol]

So, I have an International Series Cerveza that I plan to put down soon and have some questions.

Firstly - do I use the recipe on the can or the Aztec Gold recipe? This is more for the missus for summer time. We both prefer Sol to Corona so does anyone know which one is closer to that? I was thinking of adding a tiny amount of medium crystal just to add a little more body.

Second - will this be better with a bit of lagering to clear it up? A couple of weeks maybe....

Also, would a lager yeast give a better result than the kit yeast (Ac+L)?

Gracias

I bottled one recently. Based on the Aztec Gold recipe, plus I dry hopped Cluster to give it a XXXX Summer Bright type aroma/flavour (which my megaswill mates just love, and which I don't mind after a hot day working in the yard).

I brewed with a Lager yeast that I harvested from doing a coopers Euro Lager (kit yeast + 11g Saflager). It's been in the bottle 3+ weeks and tastes pretty drinkable. Very smooth, almost flavourless, watered down mexican style beer (so like I said, XXXX Summer :P).

Archived