Coopers Community

Celebration Ale and how it is made

MrLeeB

Celebration Ale is unique in that the water used in the brewing process comes from the brewery's

own deep aquifers, with the mineral composition modified specifically for ale brewing.

The barley is sourced from the maritime regions of South Australia. The pale malt from this barley

is complemented by the use of crystal malt, giving the beer an appealing red hue and a nutty,

slightly sweet aftertaste.

This 5.2% alcohol strength ale is both refreshing and moreish.

The aroma and flavor of Celebration Ale is further enhanced by the three varieties of hops used

in different stages of the brewing process.

Firstly, the local bittering variety Pride of Ringwood hops, grown in the temperate climate of

Myrrhee, Victoria, is added in the kettle.

Late hopping is achieved by blending Nelson Sauvin hops from New Zealand and Centennial hops

from the USA.

The Nelson Sauvin imparts what is described as a \u201cwhite wine fruitiness\u201d, whereas the addition of

Centennial results in a passionfruit, grassy and citrussy top note.

Coopers\u2019 ale yeast characteristically produces its distinct tropical fruity esters, and all of these

aromas and flavors combine together during a slow fermentation.

Some of the yeast remains in the final product for natural conditioning in the bottle, resulting in

Coopers\u2019 trademark sediment.

I got this info from Coopers website, it was a .pdf regarding the Ale.

Hope this helps if you want to duplicate the brew

PS. Met Tim and Glen Cooper the other Sunday, nice guys , had a beer and a chat with them, I hope the Celebration Ale sells well so Coopers will keep on brewing it, also suggested to Tim that coopers should release it as a home brew, or at least provide a recipe so we can duplicate the ale.

Hope this helps ....... cheers !!

I bought a six pack of the Celebration Ale on the weekend (all well and truly gone now [biggrin] )

The local bottle shop had just received their shipment; all of one whole case. It seems a bit hard to find at the moment.

It is quite a nice beer and I hope they continue brewing it.

The hops are quite subtle in it. Even though I love hoppy beers sometimes it is nice to have a beer which isn't so 'in your face'.

Now I am looking forward to the next Vintage Ale release. I thought the 2011 was one of their best.

I hope the Celebration Ale sells well so Coopers will keep on brewing it' date=' also suggested to Tim that coopers should release it as a home brew, or at least provide a recipe so we can duplicate the ale.[/quote']

PB2 recently alluded to the fact that he is working on a recipe for a home brew version of the celebration ale.

I always thought that my homebrew ESVA (which coincidently uses the same hops) tasted similar to this brew. Even my father thought the same thing. I could be wrong as I don't have a great taste for this kind of thing but maybe Paul can shed some light.

-1 x Can of Real Ale

-1 x Can of Coopers Australian Pale Ale

-1kg of Dextrose

-20g of Nelson Sauvin and 20g of Centennial thrown in at start of fermentation

-23L of water

Good thing I have 2 kegs of this left. [biggrin] [biggrin]

The bitterness is too high for Celebration Ale but it should make a nice beer all the same [biggrin]

Bugger, thought I was onto something there [pinched] . In all seriousness, when do you reckon you will have a recipe [joyful]

Archived