Coopers Community

Heated fermentation brewing cupboard

JaminL

Hi all

I'm keen on making a heated cupboard for fermentation as I live in the hills and winter its very cold. Like it to have a thermostat and heater.

Could someone point me in the right direction or give me a link on how to build one.

Thanks for your help[cool]

So what are you after mate? Do you need room for one FV? 2 FV's? Do you want to make one with an added secondary fermenting section?? If you are just keen on keeping things warm..check into pet heat pads/reptile heat pads...chuck one of them under your FV, flat piece of wood to keep it off the floor and a blanket..should get you on track...if your doing a cupboard...what are you after specifically?

So what are you after mate? Do you need room for one FV? 2 FV's? Do you want to make one with an added secondary fermenting section?? If you are just keen on keeping things warm..check into pet heat pads/reptile heat pads...chuck one of them under your FV' date=' flat piece of wood to keep it off the floor and a blanket..should get you on track...if your doing a cupboard...what are you after specifically?[/quote']

I want something similar to this below that was on eBay. To keep one FV in it and then be able to put the bottles in for second fermentation.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Home-Brew-Kit-Heated-Brewing-Cupboard-/150824380053?pt=AU_Barware&hash=item231dd56695#ht_500wt_1182

I should have included that in addition to the fridge I suggested you will need a temp controller (as suggested by others) - Mine turns on my heat source or fridge as required. Like Greg my heat source is a light bulb in a terracotta pot - simple yet surprisingly effective [cool]...even with the newer energy saving bulbs.

Thanks guys, some great ideas there. I like the idea of the fridge with a temperature controller and light bulb in the terracotta pot.

I'm not that handy but sure I could rig that up.

Cheers for your input, appreciated.

Archived