Coopers Community

Brewing advice - trying to create a America pal ale

dalet3

Can anyone out there help?

I'm looking to try and brew some sort of american style ipa using either coopers pale ale & coopesr sparkling ale & adding hops. Anyone know how i can manage this?

Thanks

Hey mate it all depends what sort of american style you want how malty and hoppy etc.

Maby try

1 can coopers AIPA

1.5kg can of either Light Malt Extract or Amber

500 grams Light Dry Malt (optional) depending on desired abv

20 Grams Amarillo Hop Pellets 10 min boil

25 Grams Amarillo or Cascade Hop Pellets dry hop day 3 or 4 or when Krausen collapses.

Yeast Safale us-05 11.5 gram pack also add kit yeast into wort at flame out as a nutrient. A similar recepie could go for sparkling ale kit or even using all dry malt

good luck mate hope work something out.

Well it depends if you want to get into adding hops and stuff its simple after you have done it a few times and got the nack. What i previously suggested is all i can think of sorry ATM. The only way of making a similar US style beer simple is to use american yeast and hops for those caractaristics.

PB2's Motueka Slam is an IPA I will always readily recommend. It is easy to make and delicious [love]

1.7kg Thomas Coopers IPA kit

1kg Light Dry Malt

80g Motueka Hops (hold them in a new cleaning cloth)

Made to 21 litres

Coopers commercial ale culture (an ale yeast of your choice will suffice)

Paul used hop flowers in his recipe I usually make it with hop pellets and use about 60g.

Muddy, have you (or anyone else out there) used Motueka as flavour hops in this as well as dry hopped?

My next brew will be a partial grain IPA. I planning on using the the TC IPA kit with 2.7kg of grains and a single flavour & aroma hop. I will probably do a 20 minute and 5 minute addition plus dry hop.

I am tossing up on using either Motueka, Simcoe or Amarillo but keep vacilating.

I actually use Motueka all the time when making the IPA kit. I only really dry hop with it but if I was doing 20 and 5 minute additions I would probably reduce the amount I dry hop at the end.

I guess it is preference really.

Nelson Sauvin is my favourite hop at the moment. Was hoping that I could get a rhyzome to plant next to my cascade, but apparently it is protected by a company, so it isn't so easy to get your hands on it.

Oh well I will just have to stick to growing cascade for now.

Archived