Coopers Community

Canadian Blonde

WayneC8

Hi Forum,

Got a DIY kit on Anzac Day and a week has passed, so I have already bottled a Lawnmower Lager. Naturally the brewing bug got me and I raced down to the local brew store and purchased a Canadian Blonde kit, I mixed yesterday and have it fermenting away in a nice temp. controlled enviroment [joyful] , but i'd really like feedback on how others found this beer and any other things they came across during the ageing process.

Thanks in advance

I will be watching this thread to hear peoples thoughts also. I am looking to brew a batch of this on the weekend.

I did try some of a mates on Friday night. It wasn't just the kit on its own so I can't comment on it like that. But, the brew he threw together (I will try and get the ingredients) was divine.

I was toying with the idea of adding something else but wanted to focus on getting the basics right' date=' maybe next batch [biggrin']

That is my thoughts on all my 1st test batches. I wan't to see what they are all like before playing around with them to much.

You are in for a nice beer though.

Just got one into the fermenter on Saturday, bubbling nicely @ 23C

with BE1 x 1.5kg should be 5.5 to 6.0%, gravity was 1.050 will let yo know how it turns out

PS great forum ....

Just got one into the fermenter on Saturday, bubbling nicely @ 23C

with BE1 x 1.5kg should be 5.5 to 6.0%, gravity was 1.050 will let yo know how it turns out

PS great forum ....

23C = too high imo. Try get the temps down 18C-20C and you will have a better beer.

As for the CB, I have gone off it and I don't think it is as good as some of the others. I'd much rather the English Bitter or Aussie Pale or Draught these days.

My second brew was a Canadian Blonde kit with BE1.

It was fairly bland and tasted average. Maybe it was because I brewed it at 23-24 degrees [innocent]

I still drank it all though but that was because I didn't have much stock at that point of my brewing caper. I haven't been back to that kit since as it has put me off.

I posted a recipe for the "Canadian Pimp" in the recipe section... stuffed if I can find it now...

new search function = EPIC FAIL [lol]

was a cracker and completely da bomb for a Kit beer....

as I recall it needed more hops [w00t] [whistling [innocent]

Yob

edit: Found it on Google with a + sign Link To Canadian Pimp

[ninja]

Hi Forum,

Got a DIY kit on Anzac Day and a week has passed, so I have already bottled a Lawnmower Lager. Naturally the brewing bug got me and I raced down to the local brew store and purchased a Canadian Blonde kit, I mixed yesterday and have it fermenting away in a nice temp. controlled enviroment [joyful] , but i'd really like feedback on how others found this beer and any other things they came across during the ageing process.

Thanks in advance

Wayne,

I have made this kit a couple of times now and as I am fairly new to brewing my own my brews are usually fairly standard. I don't mind the CB when having a few quiet ones in the shed on a Saturday arvo..!!! I even had to make a low alcohol batch for the missus. I have a batch ready to be bottled tonight in fact.

I don't have a temperature controlled environment as such but where I brew normally keeps the brew temp at around 20-21c and haven't had any dramas as yet. Having said that, I am in the throws of securing a suitable fridge to do my fermenting in.

Good luck.

Thanks for the replies so far fellow brewers [happy]

I was away Tues/Wed and came back and temp was down around 18, so i left it there and is starting to clear up quite well. Test gravity of 1011, so another few days and should be right..

@Big Wal, was your batch very clear at the time of bottling?

Hi Wayne, I bottled a honey blonde 3 weeks ago.

Canadian Blonde LME

1KG BE2

400gms Woolworths Select Honey - floral and malty it said on it.

It smelt good, can't wait to taste it again, the hydrometer samples tasted good.[joyful] [lol] [happy] [cool] [biggrin] [roll]

Archived