Coopers Community

Today was a good day..:)

HenrikF

While I didnt brew this weekend due to an ongoing agreement that I take one weekend off a month do do "stuff" with SWMBO... I have tweaked the brewery a little to allow for this..

I have 4 batches fermenting, (2 per fridge) and one in the cube ready to go[lol]

Planning on a back to back brew next weekend to fill all my cubes amd can just pitch when i need/want to/have empty bottles[lol]

I rekon 92 liters at a go is just about enough [lol]

Yup, waiting is always the hardest part. I for one am WAY too impatient when it comes to letting my beer age. But then again, I do find most of my brews very drinkable after just a few weeks in the bottles. [innocent]

As for what's going on in my brewery... On Wednesday I bottled my Coopers Draught that I souped up with 500 grams of Crystal malt and some Willamette hops. On Thursday I put down a Muntons Gold I.P.A., which I dry hopped with the rest of my Willamette pellets (50 grams) today. I have high expectations for both brews.

It's been a busy weekend in the brewery for me as well. Saturday I bottled a Parsontown Porter. Sunday I put down my long awaited Marzen/Oktoberfest Dark Lager, washed some yeast(Notto), racked a Log Cabin stout to a Secondary and stabilized a red wine. All the while drinking beer.[bandit] I love the weekend![biggrin]

I spent friday night bottling my Mexican Cerveza and starting a brew of English bitter.

The restof the weekend(apart from killing critters and electrifying sheds) was spend trying to get the bitter's temp to 18C. Finally done (all by itself), now for more waiting...

I too put down an English Bitter on weekend in preparation for winter.

I made it with Heritage Crystal grains (from Marris Otter) and a heap of Styrian Goldings.

I'm looking forward to this one.

Drank half a keg of cream ale trying to stabilise the keg, by the time I've cracked it the keg will be empty [lol]

Hard apple cider still merrily bubbling away now on day 8 and no sign of letting up.

Shopping for my third keg at lunch time today and will be brewing an APA and another choco stout over the next couple of days.

A slow weekend brewing wise with highs and lows.

Put 24 of these (post 60)into the beer fridge, they turned three yesterday and will be drinking later in the week.

Cleaned out my recently aquired $5 Ignis FV fridge.

Ordered my STC1000.

Checked progress of my egg smelling Irish Red, fermented out in 4 1/2 days at 17 - 18'C, smell is subsiding and it didn't taste foul.

Rang the LHBS to organise pick up of my Keg Master 3 to discover that they sold out.

Much of this means this weekend will be busy with hopefully kegging activity on Saturday. This means cleaning and santising a keg and commissioning the keg master (provided they come into stock this week). The English stout will go down without the temp controlled fridge at this stage.

Worst case Irish Red ends up in bottles and my kegging program moves out a month [crying] .

Bottled my "OS Draught that was inspired by Fat Yak but may not turn out like one in which case I stuffed up but should still be a good drinking beer". Luckily I don't make labels for my brews or I am gonna need bigger bottles.[innocent]

Cleaned FV & retired it, to be commissioned as a bulk priming vessel. Scored one of the last $55- Coopers DIY kits from Kmart so I am upgrading to the new fermenter. [biggrin] [cool]

Archived