Coopers Community

Discord for Homebrewers ?!

I've been looking but to no avail, 
Does anybody know of any Possible Discord Servers that are centred around Homebrewing (not video game console homebrewing)?

I use Discord daily, and find it alot easier to use and alot more engaging than the traditional forum type of websites such as here and Reddit etc. 

Please let me know if any of you know of one. 

If not, I will give it a crack at making one and building its' community.

Edited by Horatio_FrothBlower

37 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I hate the bloody thing & it was hard to uninstall, it installed itself when I was looking around on Keglands brewer's forum.

I have no interest in using it.

That'svery odd, because not once has discord ever installed itself onto any device I've ever owned, from any website or forum or not, 
Im not saying it didnt happen to you, Im just saying its never happened to me or any device I've owned over the last 8 years. 

1 minute ago, Horatio_FrothBlower said:

That'svery odd, because not once has discord ever installed itself onto any device I've ever owned, from any website or forum or not, 
Im not saying it didnt happen to you, Im just saying its never happened to me or any device I've owned over the last 8 years. 

Well, it did, I had never heard of it until I noticed trying to start/check for updates etc. but I did eventually remove it.

As I said before I have no interest in using it in any form, I have enough things going on.

3 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Well, it did, I had never heard of it until I noticed trying to start/check for updates etc. but I did eventually remove it.

As I said before I have no interest in using it in any form, I have enough things going on.

That's fair enough 

10 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

I dont even know whats going on here, whats discord?

Some sort of web-based platform for doing something, damned if I know what & damned if I care.

I really don't know anything about it & don't want to, JRAGAHAHB. 🤣

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Horatio_FrothBlower said:

I use Discord daily, and find it alot easier to use and alot more engaging than the traditional forum type of websites such as here and Reddit etc. 

No disrespect intended, but you're new here and wanting to drag posters away from this forum because its not engaging enough?

Is that about it?

• Like 1

no disrespect or offence taken, 
and no not that they're not engaging enough on here, the reply rate on here etc is wonderful, the topics are very very helpful, 
Discord just offers so much more is all. 

My apologies if it has seemed like wanting to drag people away from here etc. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Horatio_FrothBlower said:

and no not that they're not engaging enough on here, the reply rate on here etc is wonderful, the topics are very very helpful, 

Fair enough, each to their own. I genuinely dont know what it is. Personally as far as beer talk goes, or anything else.........I find this place is exceptional and find it hard to believe that there's anywhere that has more to offer. In fact if you prove me wrong I'll send you a carton of Coopers Sparkling Ale through the mail.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pale Man said:

I dont even know whats going on here, whats discord?

its mainly used by gamers to  chat  while gaming etc

its complicated  to use   for beginners  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ozdevil said:

its mainly used by gamers to  chat  while gaming etc

its complicated  to use   for beginners  

So how does that work with home brewing?? Chat while you brew?

How does it have more to offer than the best beer forum in the world?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Horatio_FrothBlower said:

mate i use discord  not for homebrewing but other stuff  

however    there is heaps of brewing stuff on there

Brewfather  is on discord   = https://discord.gg/brewfather-community-775727985792647208

The Home Brew Network (run by Gash)  https://discord.gg/P5tbGPjC

however discord is good only for general chat in my opinion    as topics of disccussion are very well lost  pretty quickly

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

So how does that work with home brewing?? Chat while you brew?

How does it have more to offer than the best beer forum in the world?

I fail to see how its better  yeah you can chat as you brew but i know i much rather  just concentrate in brewing rather then chatting and stuffing up a brew

it would be better for live on conversations    but for actually learning  and reading like we do on this forum mate   it all gets lost  pretty quickly

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

I fail to see how its better  yeah you can chat as you brew but i know i much rather  just concentrate in brewing rather then chatting and stuffing up a brew

it would be better for live on conversations    but for actually learning  and reading like we do on this forum mate   it all gets lost  pretty quickly

I wouldn't waste my time with it, this forum is the true core of DIY Beer, it has been going a long time & many a novice has joined up & become successful brewers, all this cat/chitter is BS, just get on with honing your skills & make a nice beer you can enjoy & share with your friends.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I wouldn't waste my time with it, this forum is the true core of DIY Beer, it has been going a long time & many a novice has joined up & become successful brewers, all this cat/chitter is BS, just get on with honing your skills & make a nice beer you can enjoy & share with your friends.

i am only on discord for a reason and its not homebrewing related   As i am admin in a discord group in another hobby of mine  which actually requires a live chat and  has little  to do with forum based stuff like  coopers .   

phil,  if i wasnt a administrator of a group on discord i wouldnt be on discord   and i would be highly annoyed if the coopers diy forum decided to go discord base 

so quite frankly i am with you   on this  there is no real need for discord in the brewing fraterity    

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

i am only on discord for a reason and its not homebrewing related   As i am admin in a discord group in another hobby of mine  which actually requires a live chat and  has little  to do with forum based stuff like  coopers .   

phil,  if i wasnt a administrator of a group on discord i wouldnt be on discord   and i would be highly annoyed if the coopers diy forum decided to go discord base 

so quite frankly i am with you   on this  there is no real need for discord in the brewing fraterity    

10 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

Good on you mate, this forum is about beer, people learning how to make beer, sharing your knowledge to help others & generally discussing all things beer, we don't want it turned into a wally's platform like FƁ &the like.

So why don't we just carry on & just enjoy it before AI starts telling us what to do.

Anyway,  that's my opinion. 

Cheers OD.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1