Coopers Community

Dry hopping with galaxy and Vic secret

1 minute ago, John304 said:

I think the rabbit hole is closer,🤪

Yeah, as much as we try there are always additions to brews which ultimately lead to additions in the brewery.

It sorta of sneaks up on you, before you know it you have multiple fermenters, more stock on hand & the urge to keep building.

But that's a good thing. 🐇

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

There you go, that's about right, I would let it sit & take another reading in 4-5 days, probably won't go much lower but it's best to let it ferment out & clear up a bit.

Thanks for the advice, will do 👍

22 hours ago, Byron.67 said:

quick update: its day 3, the hydrometer reading is at 1.020 so I added the hops and put the temp controller a temp lower so now the brew is at 24-25c. I'm a bit worried about the fermentation side of things seeming everyone is saying that Voss ferments really quick (2-3 days) and the reading is way too high for a fg reading. Any recommendations!?

Kveik is very fast at around 35C but slows down when it is cooler. Below 25 it apparently doesn't do much, so this may be why you are experiencing the lack of speed. But it is also a little "moody" I think. I remember a batch, where it ripped through the wort, getting close to FG in 24 hours and then took another 3 days to finish. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah, as much as we try there are always additions to brews which ultimately lead to additions in the brewery.

It sorta of sneaks up on you, before you know it you have multiple fermenters, more stock on hand & the urge to keep building.

But that's a good thing. 🐇

Can you speak up, please? I can't hear you down here 😂

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

Kveik is very fast at around 35C but slows down when it is cooler. Below 25 it apparently doesn't do much, so this may be why you are experiencing the lack of speed. But it is also a little "moody" I think. I remember a batch, where it ripped through the wort, getting close to FG in 24 hours and then took another 3 days to finish. 

Moody is a good description. That's been my experience, too. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update, the beer is extremely dark compared to the normal pac ales you see, really clean though and barely any haze.  It looks more like a IPA or xpa. Oh well 😌 it has a really nice sweetness to it so I'm really pleased with the finishing product. 

• Like 2