Coopers Community

BEER TRIVIA

The current excise rate charged on full strength packaged beer is $60.12 (+ GST), so a carton of Sparkling Ale has $34.52 excise (inc GST) in the retail price. That's around 55% of the lowest retail price I could find online. This graphic is probably for "full strength" beer of 4.2 - 4.5%. 🤣 Cheers, Frank.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Coopers DIY Beer Team said:

The current excise rate charged on full strength packaged beer is $60.12 (+ GST), so a carton of Sparkling Ale has $34.52 excise (inc GST) in the retail price. That's around 55% of the lowest retail price I could find online. This graphic is probably for "full strength" beer of 4.2 - 4.5%. 🤣 Cheers, Frank.

Yes, it was posted on Instagram from Brisbane, I believe it was just mainstream beer. I am not sure how old it is either.

Cheers

Phil

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

Here's something positive for a change, sounds like a good idea but that doesn't mean I endorse rubbish chucked into the ocean.

image.png.0ef86ff5a97ec5b427c4fae8ed10485a.png      image.png.43a832a065b797a9305197ff598091e0.png

Saltwater Brewery in Delray has developed edible six-pack rings that are made from by-products of beer, like barley and wheat, making them safe for marine life to consume.
These rings are 100% biodegradable and compostable. This initiative aims to combat the harmful effects of traditional plastic six-pack rings on ocean life.
The company hopes that other businesses will follow suit, driving down costs and increasing environmental sustainability.

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 4

On 6/28/2024 at 9:01 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Here's something positive for a change, sounds like a good idea but that doesn't mean I endorse rubbish chucked into the ocean.

image.png.0ef86ff5a97ec5b427c4fae8ed10485a.png      image.png.43a832a065b797a9305197ff598091e0.png

Saltwater Brewery in Delray has developed edible six-pack rings that are made from by-products of beer, like barley and wheat, making them safe for marine life to consume.
These rings are 100% biodegradable and compostable. This initiative aims to combat the harmful effects of traditional plastic six-pack rings on ocean life.
The company hopes that other businesses will follow suit, driving down costs and increasing environmental sustainability.

Now that is a good idea. Too much rubbish ends up in the oceans. 

Ballistic used to have a scheme where if you brought back 5 of those 4-pack thingos, you got a free beer. It saved them money in the long run and kept the rubbish at bay a little. Not sure if they still do that since the financial troubles they had. 

And kudos to Saltwater Brewery for still selling six packs, not 4-packs priced like 6-packs. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

not 4-packs priced like 6-packs. 

I agree & also bottles marked as 330ml/355ml etc. They should all be a standard size; I know they never will be, but they are a PITA.

I was at a popular craft brewery in the city recently & they wanted $30-$35 for a 4-x pack.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I agree & also bottles marked as 330ml/355ml etc. They should all be a standard size; I know they never will be, but they are a PITA.

I was at a popular craft brewery in the city recently & they wanted $30-$35 for a 4-x pack.

In Europe, cans and stubbies are standardised at 330ml. They always have been that size since I can remember. 

• Like 1