Coopers Community

Finally took a dive into homebrewing.

5 hours ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

not the only one mine has some minor scratches from it. So far so good

Yep, my dad unintentionally ruined a few good FV's by rattling his steel mixing wand around the inside edges of his FV's whilst mixing up his favorite brews, which was the Coopers Real Ale.  Those FV's are still in his brewing shed and he still wants me to have them but I said "Yeah - Nah" thanks. 

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, iBooz2 said:

Yep, my dad unintentionally ruined a few good FV's by rattling his steel mixing wand around the inside edges of his FV's whilst mixing up his favorite brews, which was the Coopers Real Ale.  Those FV's are still in his brewing shed and he still wants me to have them but I said "Yeah - Nah" thanks. 

I only use the Coopers plastic spoon and try to avoid touching but sometimes fail.

One fermenter that is old and doesn't look the best still produces good brews. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Back Brewing said:

This link should be a sticky at the head of each topic so new brewers can see the answers to any questions thay have and then get their own processes as they progress

Agree. People tend to go straight to the forum to ask questions and not look at FAQs. Most answers to questions are already there.

• Like 2

On 4/25/2024 at 8:38 AM, Oldbloke said:

Agree. People tend to go straight to the forum to ask questions and not look at FAQs. Most answers to questions are already there.

I do apologise for the seemingly silly questions. Sometimes i just like confirmation from people who have tested and tried the methods before. I like to do all my research before making decisions. Will definitely refer to the FAQs in the future before jumping straight to a forum post.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Beercules281 said:

I do apologise for the seemingly silly questions. Sometimes i just like confirmation from people who have tested and tried the methods before. I like to do all my research before making decisions. Will definitely refer to the FAQs in the future before jumping straight to a forum post.

No silly questions here BC but if the Q&A was at the top of each topic it would be there for all new brewers to answer any questions they have

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Beercules281 said:

Nothing to apologise for mate. @Beercules281 @coopers diy beer team

We all have to start some where and learn.

But if FAQ link was in a more convenient/obv spot it would make it easier for newbie's to get the basic info they need.

Edited by Oldbloke
  • Like 2