Coopers Community

Cost of Coopers ROTM (Recipe Of The Month)

Triple B Brewing

Hi Frank and Team @Coopers DIY Beer Team, wondering if you could take a request/suggestion to the table of the Coopers Powers To Be for Coopers Club Members to receive a further incentive on the ROTM deals.

I make this request/suggestion as I have noted the following:

• ROTM are released when Coopers have free shipping for any order over $80.00
  • The cost of Coopers ROTM kits are typically either more expensive or there is little to no saving when they are released as a package than if you brought and sourced the ingredients individually as a Coopers Club Member.

Using the latest ROTM: COOPERS AUSTRALIAN LAGER, the cost breakdown to purchase as a member outside of the ROTM deal results in an additional cost to a member of $7.48 !

In fact, If I purchased all of my hops in this particular recipe and used a 11.5g SAFLAGER S-23  Dry Yeast as a substitute to the Coopers German Lager purchased elsewhere, the additional cost to a member to purchase a ROTM kit would increase to an additional $10.55 out of pocket !

Now I accept that there is no delivery charges included in my figures, but I think its fair to suggest that Coopers Club Members would normally purchase more than one “kit” per month, and it doesn’t take much to workout how to utilise delivery deals offered in the market for ingredients (whether that be via Coopers or Elsewhere).

Bottom line is, it appears to be roughly the 10% discount that we enjoy as Coopers Club Members that is missing from the equation for ROTM kits, so I would like to suggest that the standard 10% discount (as a minimum) is also applied to purchases of the ROTM for Coopers Club Members (If I'm honest a 15% discount on the "one time specials" is probably what's more likely needed).

Here’s the cost breakdown (Coopers Club Member Prices Listed) for the ROTM: COOPERS AUSTRALIAN LAGER

1 x 1.5kg Thomas Coopers Light Malt Extract

$   13.50

2 x 500g Coopers Light Dry Malt

$   18.00

1 x 25g Galaxy Hops

$      5.36

1 x 25g Lemondrop Hops (nominal cost available elsewhere)

$      3.50

1 x 15g Coopers German Lager Yeast

$      7.16

Delivery

$          -  

Members Price

$   47.52

Bought as a ROTM

$   55.00

Difference

-$7.48

Sadly, this is also typically a problem with the costings for The Voyage Advanced Recipe Packs other than The Voyage: Amber Ale Advanced Recipe Pack and the The Voyage: IIPA Advanced Recipe Pack, where according to my calculations and purchase availabilities, there is a saving of approximately $12.05 and $20.69 on purchase of these these two kits respectively.

Food for thought I guess, coz, when budgets get stretched, we instinctively look deeper and question more…

My concern is that these ROTM kits typically always sell out very early, so this is not necessarily a business decision that is needed to boost sales, but more to the point, I hoping this post will help incentivise the Coopers Family to do what they can to grow further the value of being a Coopers Club Member 😊

Best intentions and wishes - Cheers ! 

Vince 🍺🍺

NoMoney.gif.c38c671e6ced37e1723d4cf732717e8b.gif 

Budget.gif.6e4aa012445f5f2753f5973831a6e286.gif

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Triple B Brewing said:

Hi Frank and Team @Coopers DIY Beer Team, wondering if you could take a request/suggestion to the table of the Coopers Powers To Be for Coopers Club Members to receive a further incentive on the ROTM deals.

• The cost of Coopers ROTM kits are typically either more expensive or there is little to no saving when they are released as a package than if you brought and sourced the ingredients individually as a Coopers Club Member.

Using the latest ROTM: COOPERS AUSTRALIAN LAGER, the cost breakdown to purchase as a member outside of the ROTM deal results in an additional cost to a member of $7.48 !

In fact, If I purchased all of my hops in this particular recipe and used a 11.5g SAFLAGER S-23  Dry Yeast as a substitute to the Coopers German Lager purchased elsewhere, the additional cost to a member to purchase a ROTM kit would increase to an additional $10.55 out of pocket !

Now I accept that there is no delivery charges included in my figures, but I think its fair to suggest that Coopers Club Members would normally purchase more than one “kit” per month, and it doesn’t take much to workout how to utilise delivery deals offered in the market for ingredients (whether that be via Coopers or Elsewhere).

Bottom line is, it appears to be roughly the 10% discount that we enjoy as Coopers Club Members that is missing from the equation for ROTM kits, so I would like to suggest that the standard 10% discount (as a minimum) is also applied to purchases of the ROTM for Coopers Club Members (If I'm honest a 15% discount on the "one time specials" is probably what's more likely needed).

Here’s the cost breakdown (Coopers Club Member Prices Listed) for the ROTM: COOPERS AUSTRALIAN LAGER

$   13.50

$   18.00

1 x 25g Galaxy Hops

$      5.36

$      3.50

$      7.16

Delivery

$          -  

Members Price

$   47.52

Bought as a ROTM

$   55.00

Difference

-$7.48

Sadly, this is also typically a problem with the costings for The Voyage Advanced Recipe Packs other than The Voyage: Amber Ale Advanced Recipe Pack and the The Voyage: IIPA Advanced Recipe Pack, where according to my calculations and purchase availabilities, there is a saving of approximately $12.05 and $20.69 on purchase of these these two kits respectively.

Food for thought I guess, coz, when budgets get stretched, we instinctively look deeper and question more…

My concern is that these ROTM kits typically always sell out very early, so this is not necessarily a business decision that is needed to boost sales, but more to the point, I hoping this post will help incentivise the Coopers Family to do what they can to grow further the value of being a Coopers Club Member 😊

Vince 🍺🍺

I haven't actually ordered an ROTM during the month it's been an ROTM. I've just been making big orders to take advantage of the free shipping. Even with the 6 can limit I've always got a month's worth or more of brewing in front of me. My LHBS isn't very close, either, so I stock up when I visit them, too.

Speaking of which, I should probably start thinking about what to order when the December free shipping period rolls around. That recent IPL ROTM looked interesting. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Triple B Brewing said:

$   13.50

$   18.00

1 x 25g Galaxy Hops

$      5.36

$      3.50

$      7.16

Delivery

$          -  

Members Price

$   47.52

Bought as a ROTM

$   55.00

Difference

-$7.48

Vince 🍺🍺

If you order a typical ROTM plus one of the Voyage Recipe Packs during the free delivery period, you get free delivery for both because your total order is over the $80 or $100 threshold. 

It would also be nice to get a Coopers Club Members discount on the ROTM. 😁

It is also worth noting (from the Coopers site) If you purchase any combination of 4x Mr Beer Craft Series cans in a single order you'll receive free shipping. If any other items are added to this order from outside the Craft Series category, standard delivery fees will apply. Offer valid until further notice. Delivery within Australia only. No Further discounts apply.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

It is also worth noting (from the Coopers site) If you purchase any combination of 4x Mr Beer Craft Series cans in a single order you'll receive free shipping. If any other items are added to this order from outside the Craft Series category, standard delivery fees will apply. Offer valid until further notice. Delivery within Australia only. No Further discounts apply.

Note that it says "in a single order." You can actually get your 6 Coopers cans plus whatever else on one order during the free shipping period and also get 4 Mr Beer cans with free shipping on a different order on the same day and most of the time AusPost, bless their hearts, will deliver them at the same time.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kegory said:

Note that it says "in a single order." You can actually get your 6 Coopers cans plus whatever else on one order during the free shipping period and also get 4 Mr Beer cans with free shipping on a different order on the same day and most of the time AusPost, bless their hearts, will deliver them at the same time.

That is certainly a bonus.  The really good thing with the 4 x Mr Beer Craft cans in one order is that the shipping is free all the time, not just in the ROTM free shipping period.

• Like 2

Whenever I wanted to try a ROTM, I have always ordered or picked up the ingredients separately only because I am a "I want it now" sort of bloke. I haven't ever worked out the price difference, but I believe it is cheaper, one because I don't use carb drops.

I am spoilt by choice for LHBS as I have 4-5 within easy reach so I usually stock up a bit & take advantage of clearance items.

I haven't done an extract brew for quite a while now as I am concentrating on AG brewing.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kegory said:

I haven't actually ordered an ROTM during the month it's been an ROTM. I've just been making big orders to take advantage of the free shipping. Even with the 6 can limit I've always got a month's worth or more of brewing in front of me. My LHBS isn't very close, either, so I stock up when I visit them, too.

Speaking of which, I should probably start thinking about what to order when the December free shipping period rolls around. That recent IPL ROTM looked interesting. 

I do the same @Kegory, often I’ll order for 4 plus months worth of brewing at a time. Which means I’ll fill the six can limit and then have to make an additional 3 or 4 separate orders of six cans plus bits n pieces. 
Anyway, the purpose of my post was to see if Coopers would apply the 10% club members discount to their ROTM and the Voyager range - hoping they will see the value in supporting the Club Membership with a flat 10% discount across the board on all items, all of the time. 🤞🏻

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Whenever I wanted to try a ROTM, I have always ordered or picked up the ingredients separately only because I am a "I want it now" sort of bloke. I haven't ever worked out the price difference, but I believe it is cheaper, one because I don't use carb drops.

I am spoilt by choice for LHBS as I have 4-5 within easy reach so I usually stock up a bit & take advantage of clearance items.

I haven't done an extract brew for quite a while now as I am concentrating on AG brewing.

Yep it’s definitely cheaper Phil, but not by an earth shattering amount, it’s more the principle of having the membership discount applied across the board for me 🍺

4 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

That is certainly a bonus.  The really good thing with the 4 x Mr Beer Craft cans in one order is that the shipping is free all the time, not just in the ROTM free shipping period.

Yep there’s another option Coopers could consider @Shamus O'Sean - free delivery for all orders all the time for Club Membership 

• Haha 1