Coopers Community

First batch of coopers lager

Can I suggest something like:

1kg Dark Dried Malt

250g or 300g Dextrose

No BE2

No Sugar

Maybe using something like Fuggle hops in it. They are not as sweet as EKG so should compliment the Dark Malt nicely.

Might give that a shot i will go to my local home brew shop in a week or two and see how much it will cost me the mrs will complain if my costs for brew stuff are high lol if i had my way i woud be spending a lot more hehe got to buy myself one of those bottle cappers saved up 2 cartons of coopers stubbies from over new years and my mates are keeping their long necks and bottles for me

I say go with the BE2 and the brown sugar but use the dark brown sugar. As I've said in other post about the Dark ale that using the dark brown sugar gives the beer a nice port like taste/ alcohol kick to it and the same I find with the stout kit. Very nice and low on cost, so you can keep SWMBO happy. And get you capper sooner.

I say go with the BE2 and the brown sugar but use the dark brown sugar. As I've said in other post about the Dark ale that using the dark brown sugar gives the beer a nice port like taste/ alcohol kick to it and the same I find with the stout kit. Very nice and low on cost' date=' so you can keep SWMBO happy. And get you capper sooner. [/quote']

I wouldn't mind the port like kick/taste to it with the sugar i thought there is brown sugar that you use for cakes etc but never realized there was a dark brown

Archived