Coopers Community

bottle? or settle?

Cuchuliann

Hey mate,

CC means crash cool.

Almost 2 weeks is very quick for a lager. Was it a 'proper' lager, or an 'ale' lager? What temp did you ferment at?

And slap your mate up the side of the head.[bandit] Shouldn't be touching your brew if he doesn't know what trouble it may make. . . and you will definately have increased your chance of infection now the wort has been exposed to oxygen. . . and hopefully the stirring spoon was clean and sterile.[pinched]

Dropping the temperature will help the yeast drop out of suspension, so definitely give that a go.

Introducing oxygen to the beer at this stage can lead to oxidation. This can cause staling and a wet cardboard taste in the beer. But I believe it takes a little while to appear so if you drink them quickly it may not be a problem.

Its a good excuse to drink them quickly anyway [innocent]

Gee what a good mate he is!! [devil]

I don't let ANYBODY touch my brews fullstop. If I am going to put TLC into my brewing and it stuffs up or gets infected then I can only blame myself. If someone else does it then I am sure they will not replace it.

CC your brew for another week and keep your fingers crossed it will be ok.

I agree Bill, SWMBO doesnt even open the brewing cabinet anymore after we had a "discussion" about her leaving the door open and the temp dropping considerably one night.... somehow she still managed to turn it into my fault

Although now that she doesnt look in there anymore I now have a good spot to hide her xmas present (No i didnt get her beer)[lol] [ninja]

Archived