Coopers Community

Frozen Beer

Hairy

I was cold chilling a brew for a few days before bottling on the weekend.

I didn't check the settings on the fridge and it was set too cold. I opened the fridge tonight to find my beer frozen [crying]

Has anyone had any experience with this before? I assume all will be ok was it thaws. Hopefully.

Don't worry guys; it was a false alarm (sort of).

I turned the fridge off and left the door open for a while. Within 30 minutes it had thawed.

It was just some superficial freezing on the top.

I won't add any yeast and just run with it.

Note: Use temp controller for chilling in future [rightful]

the guys from brew dog (a scottish brewery) have made a couple of brews using a similar method of partial freezing and decanting of the liquid, they have made the worlds strongest beer of like 40 % or something crazy, that would be one to give a go.

the guys from brew dog (a scottish brewery) have made a couple of brews using a similar method of partial freezing and decanting of the liquid' date=' they have made the worlds strongest beer of like 40 % or something crazy, that would be one to give a go. [/quote']

Yeah, they have a couple of freeze distilled brews, Tactical Nuclear Penguin and Sink The Bismarck if I recall correctly. You'd have to be mad to make those.

And mad to drink them? I think one of them is over 50% abv. Not really a session beer. Has anyone on here tasted them?

My beer freezing was not a part of a grand strategy to make high alcoholic beer; it was just a good old fashioned stuff up. [biggrin]

And mad to drink them? I think one of them is over 50% abv. Not really a session beer. Has anyone on here tasted them?

My beer freezing was not a part of a grand strategy to make high alcoholic beer; it was just a good old fashioned stuff up. [biggrin]

Sink The Bismark is 41% and $249 for 330ml bottle

Tactical Nuclear Penguin 32%

Punk IPA 5.6%

The End Of History 55% (The strongest beer in the world) only ever 12 bottles made and price is $855 bottle. It is also incased in dead animals... i.e. they used road kill as packaging. Choice in packaging is either a Stoat or squirrel.

Archived