Coopers Community

Brewing Blunder!

ChrisB30

I believe it is the BE1 & the OS Lager Can, Carb drops, and the rest, ie. bottles, caps, FV etc.

Yeah, that is exactly what is in the kit. Just bottled her up tonight, 30 bottles strong, god its a good sight to see the bottles lined up haha! Now I have to wait until 22nd of December to give it a bash :D - bit nervous it will taste right actually, but sure that's normal :)

Don't expect it to taste great as the ingredients they give you with the kit don't make a good beer. Get straight into brewing your next beer now using better ingredients (more malt less of the "brew enhancers".).

I hope you enjoy your first beer but if you don't keep trying....read and learn about better techniques and ingredients. With a bit of knowledge it is really easy to make a great beer.

I hope you enjoy your first beer but if you don't keep trying....read and learn about better techniques and ingredients. With a bit of knowledge it is really easy to make a great beer.

Sage Words!

It won't be the best tasting beer but you will probably love it because:

1. You made it.

2. You don't know any better.

My first was a Coopers Lager with brewing sugar. I thought it was very drinkable (and it was drinkable). It wasn't until I made better beers and went back to my early ones that I realised they weren't the greatest.

Enjoy tasting your first home brewed beer!

Now I have to wait until 22nd of December to give it a bash

No need to wait 6 weeks, although it will taste better at 6 weeks.

Crack one open at the two week mark to have a taste. You will be champing at the bit by that stage anyway.

I believe it is the BE1 & the OS Lager Can, Carb drops, and the rest, ie. bottles, caps, FV etc.

Yeah, that is exactly what is in the kit. Just bottled her up tonight, 30 bottles strong, god its a good sight to see the bottles lined up haha! Now I have to wait until 22nd of December to give it a bash :D - bit nervous it will taste right actually, but sure that's normal :)

Heres what works for me.

After week one i draw 500ml and bottle it then leave the brew in the FV for another week. The night before the second week is up i put the 500ml bottle in the fridge and have it the next night, i then have some idea how this brew is going to taste at worst, i then bottlre the rest up, i put 2 bottles aside into an old esky and drink the rest at my leisure. I have 10 bottle of beer in the esky now that have been put aside and i wont touch these for months, probably when i go on holidays in March traveling in the Outback.

So at the moment i am bottling a brew a fortnight and its keeping up with me [roll]and i am putting aside 2 bottle for down the track. These should taste 100% better than the original 500ml i drew off after fermentation.

Archived