Coopers Community

Tale Of The DIY FV Tap

TonyW

Leaking tap leaking tap alert!! [crying] i had beer spilling and shooting all over the place and my unhappiness was pretty well documented. There was no way i was going to keep using this FV with the tap the way it was and i was thinking about blocking it off and using the FV as a secondary and use my racking cane to get the beer out for bottling.

I am happy to report that after making a brew then bottling 25 long necks and refilling the FV and taking OG samples i havent had a leak, not one [biggrin] the cure was simple all you do is spray some olive oil on the rubber parts between batches as recommended by Coopers and was overlooked by me.[roll]

Give it a go if you havent, its cured my ill feelings toward these great fermenters.

Please Coopers make them for sale without all the goodies inside and i will have another one tomorrow. [love]

Maybe we should run a partition

And divide everything down the middle????

Did you mean petition or am I missing something here?

Sorry Bill, I didn't mean to be a smart ass. Well, maybe a little bit. [biggrin]

Maybe we should run a partition

And divide everything down the middle????

Did you mean petition or am I missing something here?

Sorry Bill, I didn't mean to be a smart ass. Well, maybe a little bit. [biggrin]

Doh!!.. [pinched]

Archived