Coopers Community

Meet Leonard

TonyW

The unit was posted from Hong Kong today and was the cheapest on the net that i could find. Another company still sell the $16.99 ones but not to Australia anymore.

Yeah my first 2 were the $16.99 ones but I paid $23 for the one I am waiting on now. I couldn't find a cheaper one either.

Now I need to find another cheap reptile Heat Cord [joyful]

The site i bought my first Thermostat control they also have reptile heat pads, dont know if these are any good to you, but i was thinking about trying one.

Reptile heat mats

Thanks Tony but I don't reckon 7W wouldn't really be good enough and if I was after a mat I reckon I'd go the $25 job from Qld.

My current Heat Cord is 16W and is very versatile. I have it weaved around the inside of the fridge and it does a great job. I'm that wrapped with it I would use another over any other method I know of. Each to their own though [biggrin]

Thanks Tony but I don't reckon 7W wouldn't really be good enough and if I was after a mat I reckon I'd go the $25 job from Qld.

My current Heat Cord is 16W and is very versatile. I have it weaved around the inside of the fridge and it does a great job. I'm that wrapped with it I would use another over any other method I know of. Each to their own though [biggrin]

Bill i have a pad, but the cord wrapped around the internal fridge would distribute the heat more evenly from say 3/4 the way down the fv hot air rises [whistling brain kicks into action [pinched]

I have a wire rack that is below the fermenter. The cord I have is weaved through this. Therefore, the majority of the heat is coming from the bottom of the fridge. However, because it is a cord the actual "heating" part of the cord that is connected to the power cord starts where it enters my fridge and travels down (inside)back to get to the wire rack. [biggrin]

So I have the power cord to the entry of the fridge then the heat cord down the back and weaved through a wire rack at the bottom of the fridge.

Started some necessary upgrades to Leonard

Must have Beer Lables

fridge004.jpg

And an Early Xmas present, gets hot out in the shed you know

fridge003.jpg

This can stay nice and chilled in the freezer

fridge002e.jpg

And no glass to break when i have had a few, my permanent shed mug, Coopers had them on special so i grabbed one.

fridge005.jpg

Merry Xmas Leonard [lol]

Archived