Coopers Community

New brew fridge and brew

gadjitsteve

Just thought I'd put up a pic but forgot to take one of the inside. DOH

Inside is a milk crate and some MDF and my cheapo digital thermo taped to the side of the FV with a glad wrap lid.

Anyway its contains a simple recipe of coopers lager kit 1.7kg with coopers dextrose 1kg and LDM 1/2kg.

Had the yeast going for over half hour in a glass with two teaspoons of sugar and 27C pre boiled water, Was going nuts!

Pitched at 24C now 24 hours in and It's down to 17-18C.

Should be a gooden, tasted malty and quiet sweet, but I think thats the dex. Never used it before.

Image0181.jpg

Cheers Steve

Steve, what do you use the fridge for? I couldn't read the sign, it's a bit small [biggrin]

Your setup looks good.

There is no need to use sugar when rehydrating the yeast. If you choose to rehydrate then just water is fine.

Your setup looks good.

Sorry Hairy I do not agree. That fridge looks gross. Needs a paint job. Suggest you take a look at this and it will give you some idea of what colour to paint it. Also take a look at Bill's freezer mate that is a good paint job even if his choice of colours is misguided.

Hehe Homer!

Thanks for the tip Hairy and as for chosen colours I'm a West Coast man, maybe I could paint it blue and gold.

Anyway it looks bad in the photo but its actually half a can of gold paint. The sides are left over silver.

Just wanted to stop it from rusting, wrote home brew on it so i dont mistake it for the beer fridge while drunk and stuck on the warning sticker. I was drunk at the time [biggrin]

Cheers Steve

• 5 months later...

I finally got around to taking a picture of the almost finished Obelix. I just need to order a SS drip tray now and mount it below the taps.

6842621294_d84019acb2.jpg

I also took a photo of the hoist while I was down there... this has save my back heaps of times now and is great for pulling and suspending the bag from the urn or lifting kegs to place in Obelix.

6988745845_501362b2cc.jpg

Archived